887 visa

HoolenT

I am also waiting on my 887 

submitted September 30 so hopefully wont be too long... current wait time is 16 months. 

I am currently in Aus. 

did you apply directly for the 887 or have previously been on another visa? I have progressed from a 489 skilled regional. 

On 05/11/2021 at 17:07, JetBlast said:

How long have you been waiting? judging from comments online applications submitted in September and October 2020 are now being processed.

I am in Australia waiting for my 887. I applied back in June 2021. Hoping for a direct grant!

Sorry this is totally wrong! I have corrected the years! It has been a long week!

On 06/11/2021 at 16:23, JD3006 said:

I am also waiting on my 887 

submitted September 30 so hopefully wont be too long... current wait time is 16 months. 

I am currently in Aus. 

did you apply directly for the 887 or have previously been on another visa? I have progressed from a 489 skilled regional. 

haha i too need to add the year. applied Sep 30 2020

We were on 489, had to leave but then could apply for 887 off-shore under the covid allowance as we couldn’t get back. 489 expired so now no visa. Life is there but now stuck here until we get a decision. Application went in at end of August, trying to build life here but know it’s temp. Plus side is that we know we made the right choice to move to Australia, cannot wait to get back there.

13 hours ago, HoolenT said:

We were on 489, had to leave but then could apply for 887 off-shore under the covid allowance as we couldn’t get back. 489 expired so now no visa. Life is there but now stuck here until we get a decision. Application went in at end of August, trying to build life here but know it’s temp. Plus side is that we know we made the right choice to move to Australia, cannot wait to get back there.

Did you apply for the 887 before or after your 489 expired?

On 09/11/2021 at 11:16, JetBlast said:

Did you apply for the 887 before or after your 489 expired?

We did apply for the 887 before the 489 expired, but as we were off-shore when it expired, we are now visa-less and can't get back until we are granted an 887. 

13 hours ago, HoolenT said:

We did apply for the 887 before the 489 expired, but as we were off-shore when it expired, we are now visa-less and can't get back until we are granted an 887. 

makes sense as I'm "onshore" and was granted a bridging visa pretty much straight away that comes into effect if the waiting period extends and my 489 runs out.