Visitor visa 600 - Proof of assets

alexander5

Hi all,

I am trying to apply for visitor visa for my in-laws to bring them to Australia as we are expecting a baby in March 2022. My father-in-laws is retired and my mother-in-law was housewife. They do not have fixed deposit or any much in their bank account. They do own a home and a car - both on father-in-law's name.

What kind of document should we submit to prove that he owns the home? The registration paper he has for the home is not in english. I was thinking of attaching recent electricity bill and the land tax paid for this year. Is that sufficient?

I am sure some of you might have applied for visitor visa and attached documents for the assets. What kind of document is commonly attached for home asset? Which is accepted?

Thank you!

6 hours ago, welljock said:

The only mention of funds I can see as a requirement for that visa is You must have, or have access to, enough money to support yourself while you are in Australia.

I thought this. Enough money for your stay so you won’t be tempted to work illegally. I don’t think a list of assets is required. 🤷🏻