Cancelled flights...increasing anxiety...

LoveFromGallifrey

Hi all! I'm new to this forum, and I joined mainly because I don't really have anyone else to talk to regarding my planned move to Australia. I'm am RN with a UK bachelor's degree, a provisional AHPRA registration, a 417 working holiday visa, an agency job lined up in Oz, and an exemption to travel from the Australiab government  

The one thing I don't have? A flight!!! Mine was just cancelled with a couple of weeks to go. Since I had to give 8 weeks' notice for leaving my job in the UK, I am consequently jobless. Its really left me in a difficult, worrying and thoroughly stressful situation. 

Has anyone else experienced this during the pandemic? 

Unfortunately, it’s pretty common, especially since the arrival caps were reduced a month or so ago, on the request of most state premiers. There’s not much you can do, other than hanging in there and/or booking several flights (making sure they are all fully refundable and/or booking business class flights. I doubt things will improve until next year, sadly. 

16 hours ago, LoveFromGallifrey said:

Hi all! I'm new to this forum, and I joined mainly because I don't really have anyone else to talk to regarding my planned move to Australia. I'm am RN with a UK bachelor's degree, a provisional AHPRA registration, a 417 working holiday visa, an agency job lined up in Oz, and an exemption to travel from the Australiab government  

The one thing I don't have? A flight!!! Mine was just cancelled with a couple of weeks to go. Since I had to give 8 weeks' notice for leaving my job in the UK, I am consequently jobless. Its really left me in a difficult, worrying and thoroughly stressful situation. 

Really is a tough spot atm. Who was your flight with? Can't you work on the 'Bank' for a bit while you are waiting for your next flight to tie you over? Our flight isn't until November wife gave 8 weeks as well which is now up but she just picks up shifts all the time. Don't know if your hospital is the same or other hospitals around you? 

17 hours ago, LoveFromGallifrey said:

Have you got family or friends you can move in with for a while?

You'll get here, it's only time.