820 received - Waiting for 801

Rich Wayman

Hi all,

After 13 months i received my subclass 820 visa (April 2021) which i was stoked about.

From experience how long does it take from here for the 801 to be received?

I went through a migration agent for completing the application which overall costs me $13,800, but now they're asking for another $1750 to compile evidence for the application for the rest of the visa (801)? Is this right or does the 801 just get granted in due course?

• Congratulations 1

I dont know the details of your application, but this sounds expensive to me. It may be your application is complex and requires significant work to prepare (meaning thats a fair price), but perhaps its worth contacting a few other agents for a quote to see if they can better that price. Our application was straightforward (309/100 route) but cost a third of the fee you have quoted above for the second stage application

Edited by MacGyver

10 hours ago, Questionsearch said:

Any examples of this out of curiosity? What is different?

Anything that has changed in your life and/or relationship since the previous application. Details of how the relationship is goping, how you keep in touch if apart, how you now share finances in different ways than before, etc etc etc