Taking my Cat to England

Clair

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with any information regarding where to start with the planning of flying my cat home with me to England? I am not sure what immunisations are needed either.

It's the one item on my list that is stressing me senseless. I truly cannot leave my furkid behind and I am worried about putting him through any unessacary stress.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Clair 🙂

Talk to your vet about your concerns as a first step. Unless your furkid has particular health concerns, he's likely to be just fine, provided you use a professional company like Dogtainers or Jetpets.

You are probably right that moving your pet is the hardest thing about moving back to the UK.  Once you've got your loose ends tied up in Oz, everything else is surprisingly straightforward.   The only other thing you need to watch out for is bank accounts:  it may take you a while to get a bank account set up in the UK, so do NOT close your Australian bank account.   You might want to consider moving your Aussie  bank account to a bank with no overseas ATM fees and a good exchange rate, e.g. (last time I looked)  HSBC, because that way, you can just keep using your Australian debit card the same way you do here, until you get your UK account fully active.

• Thanks 1

You are amazing!! 

I truly appreciate your help on both topics today. 

Doing all of this alone is somewhat confusing and "yes, I can google", but how do I know I'm not being caught up in the advertising blurb?!

So, thank you.xx

• Like 1