IELTS

Lou Gates

I scored too poorly in the written section even though I got a C in English at GCSE.  You need to demonstrate you can use complex structures for your sentences, I rarely use them as my line of work is very technical.

Another challenge with IELTS is that it's paper based.  For me it meant it took me a long time to write my answers and I couldn't restructure them at the end.

Personally I would recommend Cambridge or PTE.  PTE is easiest by far and Cambridge is the same as IELTS except you can use a computer if you book the right one.

12 hours ago, mt9754 said:

I scored too poorly in the written section even though I got a C in English at GCSE.  You need to demonstrate you can use complex structures for your sentences, I rarely use them as my line of work is very technical.

Another challenge with IELTS is that it's paper based.  For me it meant it took me a long time to write my answers and I couldn't restructure them at the end.

Personally I would recommend Cambridge or PTE.  PTE is easiest by far and Cambridge is the same as IELTS except you can use a computer if you book the right one.

Don't be downhearted, I scored too poorly on the written section too. I've got a Masters degree in English!

• Like 2