Electrician in need of guidance.

Gene

Hi all I appreciate there are other electrical chats and topics so apologies for starting another chat.

So I'm a qualified electrician and we are looking at making the move to the sunny coast.

I only have eal qualifications is there anyone on here thats have made the moves with these qualifications the problem I'm having is it was a 6 week course.

We had a strategy session with our emigration agent and he said he's concerned with the lack of training only being a 6week course.

I'm now in my 5th year of being qualified and working for myself he said we could proceed with the process but hes not sure on the skilled assessment with the training that I have.

All help, advice, and guidance is greatly appreciated 

10 hours ago, wrussell said:

?? 

Are they not Westly?

Regardless, there are some very informative Fact Sheets on their website, and so I suspect they will be able to offer reliable advice in respect of the applicants skills and certification requirements.

Becoming a qualified electrician took me 3 years. And so it should.

As far as I know, you will need an NVQ Level 3 as a minimum.

Assuming you are based in the UK, I would try the down under centre in London, Wes will be of help to you.

Good luck

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, Sparkybaz said:

Electrician in 6 weeks 😂😂😂, how can you be fully qualified in 6 weeks! Try 2.5 years minimum plus AM2 plus NVQ3 plus minimum experience looking at at least 3-4 years  

yes in 6 weeks i know its not for everyone but works for others. how 6 years experience and been registered with niceic for 4 years.

Hi Gene

being an electrician for the amount of time you have will probably help in some way but like others have said they will probably need to see the full NVQ3 certification. 
To get a full license over here you need to carry out a small course to get up to speed with the Aussie regs. To get on the course though you need to have trade recognition. 
I did mine with Vetassess and had to carry out a small exam and work in a booth similar to the AM2 that you do at the end of your apprenticeship. 
before I could even get to that I had to fill out a file that included statements from past employers, letter from the college to say you attended and the full list of certificates. Also had to document work I was doing at the time of application. 
speak with Vetassess to see if it can be a similar pathway without the certification but to get an electrical license here you have to just through a few hoops first otherwise you can uld work as a TA which is not bad pay but annoying when you are doing the same work as someone who gets $10 an hour more than you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2022 at 04:29, Gene said:

yes in 6 weeks i know its not for everyone but works for others. how 6 years experience and been registered with niceic for 4 years.

Just an insight into my 190 process as an electrician. I can tell you now that a 6 week course will not suffice, granted you have the experience but you only need minimal qualifications for NICEIC as all they want is your money.

full apprenticeship 

NVQ 3

2394 / 2395

HNC in electrical engineering 

10+ years post apprenticeship experience

I just don’t think you qualifications will wash with Vetassess.

could you wire and fault find on a DOL 3 phase starter?  This will be part of your vetassess exam.

best of luck