Gene

Electrician in need of guidance.

Hi all I appreciate there are other electrical chats and topics so apologies for starting another chat.

So I'm a qualified electrician and we are looking at making the move to the sunny coast.

I only have eal qualifications is there anyone on here thats have made the moves with these qualifications the problem I'm having is it was a 6 week course.

We had a strategy session with our emigration agent and he said he's concerned with the lack of training only being a 6week course.

I'm now in my 5th year of being qualified and working for myself he said we could proceed with the process but hes not sure on the skilled assessment with the training that I have.

All help, advice, and guidance is greatly appreciated 

Contact VETASSESS - https://www.vetassess.com.au/

They are an assessing authority for Electricians and will give you a definitive answer to your question. Without a positive skills assessment, you will not be able to proceed with a skilled visa application, so best to be certain of your chances of succeeding with the qualifications that you have. 

Contact VETASSESS They are an assessing authority for Electricians

?? 

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Thanks all im just waiting for a response.

10 hours ago, wrussell said:

?? 

Are they not Westly?

Regardless, there are some very informative Fact Sheets on their website, and so I suspect they will be able to offer reliable advice in respect of the applicants skills and certification requirements.

I believe TRA are the assessing body for UK Electricians and contract the assessment out to VETASSESS and FutureSkills. The information in the VETASSESS Fact Sheets is certainly the  easiest to understand:  

Becoming a qualified electrician took me 3 years. And so it should.

As far as I know, you will need an NVQ Level 3 as a minimum.

Assuming you are based in the UK, I would try the down under centre in London, Wes will be of help to you.

Good luck

• Like 1

I thought 6 week courses were for plumbers/heating engineers to be able to isolate/overhaul parts of domestic electrics.