Scarborough or Cleveland ? ( Brisbane £

Dean7133

Hi All ,

my wife , 2 year old daughter and I will be over within the next 12 months.

we have done a lot of research on different suburbs and lived in Brisbane previously.

we’ve deceived we would like to settle in either Scarborough or Cleveland and wondering if anyone could offer pros on cons of the both suburbs. Schooling will be important factor for us.

any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks 🙂

• 3 months later...

It all depends on where you're going to be working. Scarborough is on the North side and Cleveland is on the South side. Both would take about the same amount of time into the city to be honest. Both are on the coast (obviously!) but to my mind Cleveland has a lot more to offer. It's almost like a small town in itself with all the amenities it needs including a railway station whereas Scarborough to me feels just like an outer suburb of Brisbane albeit on the coast.

• Like 1

I'm closer to Scarborough but agree with Bob Hatton re city commute. Work/commute should be a major consideration if you're going to work outside of the city. Scarborough still has lots of potential for growth and has shifted (well) upmarket in recent years.