Trying to be closer to my farther

Jack law

About 10 years ago I decided to travel to Australia on the hope of tracking down my farther. With only his name I decided to start looking in Sydney. Fortunately it only took me two week to find out he was living in Brisbane. 
we spoke on the phone and he agreed to pick me up at the airport. We got on really well and I ended up spending most of the year with him. I found work and really started to enjoy my stay. 
Ever since I returned to the UK he has asked me to apply for citizenship so I can stay out there with him but unfortunately he wasn’t an Australian citizen at the time of my birth. 

Can anyone help me to understand the options and routes I should take for emigrating to Australia to be closer to my farther. 

thanks 

jack 

24 minutes ago, Jack law said:

About 10 years ago I decided to travel to Australia on the hope of tracking down my farther. With only his name I decided to start looking in Sydney. Fortunately it only took me two week to find out he was living in Brisbane. 
we spoke on the phone and he agreed to pick me up at the airport. We got on really well and I ended up spending most of the year with him. I found work and really started to enjoy my stay. 
Ever since I returned to the UK he has asked me to apply for citizenship so I can stay out there with him but unfortunately he wasn’t an Australian citizen at the time of my birth. 

Can anyone help me to understand the options and routes I should take for emigrating to Australia to be closer to my farther. 

thanks 

jack 

I think the only options for you is the same as anyone else’s options, you will have to qualify for a visa in your own right. I’m sure your father being there makes no difference as you’re not dependant on him.  I assume you’ve looked at skilled visas? 

28 minutes ago, Jack law said:

Hi, 

A skilled visa would be an option. Im hoping for something permanent. I see a lot of sites on the web showing solicitors that can help, would that be the way to go? 

Solicitors no. A good migrant agent is your best option.  There are several who regularly post on here who are highly regarded.  They will tell you whether you stand a chance of getting a visa.   By the way, a skilled visa is a permanent visa but they are not that easy to get although it depends on your profession of course. 

Best of luck. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jack law said:

Ok thank you, I’m a builder/carpenter by trade I run a small business with a friend at the moment. I will look up these migrant agents and see what’s what although I’m a bit confused as to how I will find them. 

Contact @paulhand.  He is a good migrant agent and a member of this forum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack law said:

A skilled visa would be an option. Im hoping for something permanent. I see a lot of sites on the web showing solicitors that can help, would that be the way to go? 

A skilled visa is a permanent visa.  There are employer-sponsored visas, which are only temporary, but that's a different thing.   As others have said, what you need is a migration agent. Try Suncoast Migration or Go Matilda.