AU Student Visa

JugkalAU

Hello, I've been trying to find forums and topics on individuals currently applying for a student visa. My brother is already accepted to his chosen school and program but we can't find any leads moving forward, does that mean his visa is approved? when can we expect his visa to arrive? etc. we did go through an agency but all they're giving us is "we'll keep you posted" which is very frustrating and not really re-assuring.

Anyone here going through the same thing or can point me in the right direction of what to expect or where to go next?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, JugkalAU said:

My brother is already accepted to his chosen school and program but we can't find any leads moving forward, does that mean his visa is approved?

The visa application is a completely separate application to the course application and needs to happen once you are enrolled in the course. If you are letting an education agent manage your visa application, that is a mistake and if the agency is based in Australia, it is likely breaking the law by providing immigration assistance unless it has an RMA handling this.

12 hours ago, JugkalAU said:

Hello, I've been trying to find forums and topics on individuals currently applying for a student visa. My brother is already accepted to his chosen school and program but we can't find any leads moving forward, does that mean his visa is approved? when can we expect his visa to arrive? etc. we did go through an agency but all they're giving us is "we'll keep you posted" which is very frustrating and not really re-assuring.

Anyone here going through the same thing or can point me in the right direction of what to expect or where to go next?

If you used an education agent then I am worried.  Many of them are scams.  They get big commissions from schools to find students. Because of that, they will lie to you and tell you that studying in Australia will get you a permanent visa.   If they are giving you excuses, I would be afraid they are one of them.

There is absolutely no need to use an education agent to get a place in an Australian school, university or college.  All the reputable schools accept direct applications. 

As Paul said, you must apply for the student visa separately, either by yourself or using a MARA registered migration agent.  

Edited by Marisawright

1 hour ago, JugkalAU said:

What if they already sent me a Confirmation of Enrolment, Does that still come off as sketchy? Or would it be best to ask an Official copy from the school I enrolled in?

A Confirmation of Enrolment means simply that the college has your name listed as a potential student.    However you still need  a visa (granted by by the Australian government) before you can enter the country  to study.  Is "the Agency" you are dealing with applying for the student visa for you?

1 hour ago, Skani said:

A Confirmation of Enrolment means simply that the college has your name listed as a potential student.    However you still need  a visa (granted by by the Australian government) before you can enter the country  to study.  Is "the Agency" you are dealing with applying for the student visa for you?

Yes, they are the one applying a student visa for me

1 hour ago, JugkalAU said:

Yes, they are the one applying a student visa for me

You need to contact Paul who’s responded above. He will help you with your visa application.  If you want it done correctly and you want a positive outcome that’s what you need to do as that will give you the best chance. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

You need to contact Paul who’s responded above. He will help you with your visa application.  If you want it done correctly and you want a positive outcome that’s what you need to do as that will give you the best chance. 

Noted! Thank you for the responses! 

18 minutes ago, JugkalAU said:

Noted! Thank you for the responses! 

And if the ones you’ve been dealing with are in Australia and are not MARA agents as Paul mentioned, you need to report them for breaking the law. They are messing with peoples lives doing what they do and they need to be stopped. 

• Like 1