General purpose advice letter

Hi All, 

I recently received a general advice letter regarding my partner visa 801/820. I am currently on a bridging visa A. 

It has been 1 year since my visa has been lodged. The letter received explained that I need to book a medical (which I already did and passed) and upload any new bits of information soon as possible. 

Is anyone able to tell me from when they received there general advice letter how long after it took for there visa to come through. 

Thanks for any advice ☺️

21 hours ago, Meg7 said:

Is anyone able to tell me from when they received there general advice letter how long after it took for there visa to come through. 

It’s particularly difficult to speculate at the moment. I have seen some requests turned around in a day or two and others where the applicant is waiting 6+ months after be asked for medicals etc. We are also being RFI’d for applications which don’t meet the travel exemption requirements where there is no immediate expectation of a grant. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2020 at 20:49, Meg7 said:

Hi All, 

I recently received a general advice letter regarding my partner visa 801/820. I am currently on a bridging visa A. 

It has been 1 year since my visa has been lodged. The letter received explained that I need to book a medical (which I already did and passed) and upload any new bits of information soon as possible. 

Thanks for any advice ☺️

Hi Meg I received the same letter in December and my medical had expired so I quickly went and got it done again. Since then no reply or status update.

May I ask what is your status on the application? Is it still "Received" like mine?
Also was there a person's name and position number at the end of the letter? Mine has and I thought its my Case officer but unsure.

I received the email from qld.pp.processing@homeaffrairs  is yours the same too? :)

Hey @XKS

Thanks for your comment. 
Mine is also still in “received” and had a name position number at the end which I also assumed was the case officer.

When did you apply for the visa? When did you 1st take your medical. I did mine about 8 months after applying. 

Cheers

Edited by Guest

I just got my General Purpose letter too cause I still need to arrange medical and Im just wondering how fast do I have to respond to the request cause Im still waiting for my domestic relationship certificate. It was applied for before Christmas so it will be issued in maybe week or two...

On 09/01/2021 at 14:25, Zuz94 said:

I just got my General Purpose letter too cause I still need to arrange medical and Im just wondering how fast do I have to respond to the request cause Im still waiting for my domestic relationship certificate. It was applied for before Christmas so it will be issued in maybe week or two...

I think call immigration and confrim. There are however very limited spots available for medical. I had to go all the way to canberra to get one done. I am unsure though if General Purpose letter is just a "general advice" or its actually from your case office.

I also just received a General Purpose Advice Letter from the case office and my partner hasn't done the medical yet. Just booked but nothing until end Feb 2021 for the medical. Anyone knows how soon the case officer will really review your case? I still have some documents pending to be submitted as well. a bit worry if the case officer review before all documents are submitted. 

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

I have received IMMI General Purpose Advice Letter to an Applicant - and there are no time frame mentioned when I need to get back to them.

I have applied for PCC from my home country and its yet to receive.could someone please guide me what should I do and how should I proceed ahead .

I have attached other requirements.

The General Purpose Advice letter is pretty much what it says on the tin - a general letter that is being automatically sent out asking people to get their applications decision ready as the Department is pushing to get a lot of partner visas granted in a short space of time. If your application is picked up and the information is not there, you will get a s56 request specific to your application. 

• 1 year later...