Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'bridgingvisa'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 6 results

  1. Hi All, I recently received a general advice letter regarding my partner visa 801/820. I am currently on a bridging visa A. It has been 1 year since my visa has been lodged. The letter received explained that I need to book a medical (which I already did and passed) and upload any new bits of information soon as possible. Is anyone able to tell me from when they received there general advice letter how long after it took for there visa to come through. Thanks for any advice
  2. Hello All, I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience in how long there temp 820 visa took to come through after there medical. I am currently on a bridging visa A, and have my medical booked for September. By time I do my medical my partner visa would of been lodged for 14 months onshore. Does anyone know how long the temp 820 will take to come through after the medical? (if everything goes well am I pass) Any advice would be great. I understand everyone is case by case
  3. Hello All, Wanting some advise on the partner visa medical check. I applied for the partner 820 visa onshore around 1 year ago and have since been on the bridging visa A. I planned on doing the medical however COVID happened so never booked it in. Now you are able to book visa medical check, when would you advise to do this? As they only stay valid for 12 months? Thanks All :)
  4. First year WHV visa has run out but I have still haven't heard about 2nd WHV. I applied online for 2nd whv a week before my 1st whv ran out. Haven't heard about second working holiday visa yet. AM I automatically put on a bridging visa? Ryan
  5. Need help. I think I know most of the Ins and Outs of Australian immigration process and I have even given advices to many people, but now for my own situation I can not figure out few things. Ok here my question goes, I am currently on Student Visa which expires next year March and I have already finished my 2 years Master degree in IT this November. Now as I had already got IELTS 7 each before coming here to Australia, I reckon I will get it again when I give IELTS next month in January. But still I won't be able to apply for PR before March as I won't get my ACS assessment by then. So the only option I have got is to apply for TR before I lodge my PR. As everybody knows TR takes a while to be granted and I will be on Bridging Visa A till then, so my question is while being on BVA awaiting TR can I still apply for PR? I saw the immigration website and it says to apply for 885 (onshore PR) you need to be either of the following, > an overseas student or former overseas student > a holder of a Skilled – Graduate (subclass 485) visa or Skilled – Recognised Graduate (subclass 476) visa > a holder of a Trade Skills Training (subclass 471) visa. But it doesn't specify that what if somebody is on bridging visa and waiting for the TR. I will really appreciate your help if you can answer my this question. Thanks
  6. Guest

    2nd stage bridgingvisa

    Hi, Currently i am holding a Brdging visa A ( The first stage) What do i need to do for the second stage? can you please help me out Thank you Best regards Lida Haidar Please PM me for my personal details