AAT NVQ 2. skilled visa???? anyone know???

Guest jemmatasha

Guest jemmatasha

hi, just wondered if there is anyone on here, who has gone/going to queensland australia on an AAT NVQ 2 (association and accounting technologist) alone??? will it be classed as a skilled trade therefore getting a skilled visa??? im studing it at the moment, will be starting in sept 08, i know that you have to have been working at least 1 year in work that involved the qualification.

any comments, advice will be much appreciated.

thank you

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the AAT qualification does not count as an accounting qualification, well to get over there at least. There is an AAT in oz and they are linked and you will probably need to top up at a TAFE to get the oz perspective on things. pinhead is the man to ask.

How far have you got in your studies? I have just done the foundation level and will start the intermediate level in september.

john

Guest jemmatasha

to be honest i havent yet, i have a meeting in the college next week to discuss things. i was wrong, it is just the AAT foundation accounting nvq2. im trying to find something i will like to do in college so in a couple of years i can migrate to australia with my family. my partners work doesnt fall under the SOL list eaither, he is a solid fuel heating enginner with certificates. so basically its up to me to find a course i like. the only thing is i cant really do full time as my daughter is only 2 and a half.

Guest jemmatasha

me and my partner ( lil girl aswell) want to migrate to australia but the only thing is my partner cant have the visa in his name as his occupation is not on the SOL list. so i have decided it was time for me to do some thing in collage part time, not sure what to do yet as there is no point doing something that wont be on the SOL list. can any1 tell me if the following occupations will be on the SOL list:

Administrators

AAT foundation NVQ 2

Sage computerised accounts.

i like all 3 courses, but im not sure if any of them fall under the SOL list.

thanks

Guest Mitchkeza

This link will help you to understand another way into Oz even though you do not qualify now. A Study Options Visa is a way to study in Oz to gain an accepted Australian Certificate/ Diploma. You live in Australia throughout the two year study period. Its expensive for the two year course, and you need to pay for any childrens education. All adults cannot work more than 20 hours a week whilst the main applicant is at study. Anyhow heres the link, www.studyoptions.com Hope this helps.

Guest Gollywobbler
to be honest i havent yet, i have a meeting in the college next week to discuss things. i was wrong, it is just the AAT foundation accounting nvq2. im trying to find something i will like to do in college so in a couple of years i can migrate to australia with my family. my partners work doesnt fall under the SOL list eaither, he is a solid fuel heating enginner with certificates. so basically its up to me to find a course i like. the only thing is i cant really do full time as my daughter is only 2 and a half.

Hi Jemma

my partners work doesnt fall under the SOL list eaither, he is a solid fuel heating engineer with certificates

Which certificates does he hold, please, or do you mean he has none?

If you want to be reasonably sure of migrating to Oz, I recommend that you choose a skill on the MODL and stick to it, honey. Doing a hairdressing course might not interest you in the least but it is a skill that is likely to remain on the MODL, I suspect:

Is your occupation in demand? - Workers - Visas & Immigration

I think yhou need to decide whether you want to invest your time and effort in learning a skill that will make migration to Oz possible, or whether to do a course simply because you want to do it and if it does not turn into a pathway to migration to Oz then so be it. Those are your choices - which one is more important to you?

Association & Accounting Technologist sounds too uncertain to me. You need a skill that will get you into Oz completely independently. Whatever this course you are thinking of doing is about, at best you would end up trying to convince one of the States to sponsor you for a provisional visa to enable you to live in regional Australia (possibly Tasmania) for up to 3 years, I expect, and it might lead to PR if you can find a job doing this type of Accounting Technology in whichever regional part of Oz it happens to be. You would be clutchng at straws which might easily collapse, in effect.

Why don't you ring Go Matilda in Southampton and ask for a freebie chat with one of their consultants? It sounds to me like you need an Agent to provide you with a clear, coherent, written-down strategy for you to follow. Don't expect that to be free, because the Agents would need to keep an eye on the skill that you are studying for, and to let you know whether anything changes for good or bad in the immigration legislation in the meanwhile.

If you are prepared to choose a straightforward, likely-to-be-viable option such as hairdressing, tehn Poms in oz, British Expats and similar forums can give you plenty of help. However, if you want to choose the course that will interest you and then hope that it will provide you with a pathway to migration to Oz in due course, then you need professional guidance from a Registered Migration Agent. It gets too messy and too complex for an amateur like me to be able to help.

I think you need to be keenly aware that there are plenty of people in povery-stricken, war-torn countries such as Sri Lanka and Pakistan who are learning skills like hairdressing, spray painting and panel beating not because they have the slightest interest in the skill or the job for its own sake but wholly and solely because it is the only way they could ever hope to be able to move to Australia one day.

Your own situation is not much different from theirs unless you are prepared to remain in the UK, chooks.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest jemmatasha

he is a solid fuel heating engineer, and has a HETAS certificate and been with the company 6yrs+. im not able to do hair dressing as im not able to work (my daughter is only 2 and a half and not in full time education), you have to find work so they can assess your skills in work and in college.

Guest Gollywobbler
me and my partner ( lil girl aswell) want to migrate to australia but the only thing is my partner cant have the visa in his name as his occupation is not on the SOL list. so i have decided it was time for me to do some thing in collage part time, not sure what to do yet as there is no point doing something that wont be on the SOL list. can any1 tell me if the following occupations will be on the SOL list:

Administrators

AAT foundation NVQ 2

Sage computerised accounts.

i like all 3 courses, but im not sure if any of them fall under the SOL list.

thanks

Jemma

I have merged your two threads into one. You will find that if you keep starting new threads every time you have a new question, you will end up in a complete muddle.

Study the DIAC website, and in particular the MODL. You want to study for something that will get you a skilled independent subclass 175 visa, for which you will need to score 120 points.

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175)

Australian General Skilled Migration Booklet

The skilled 175 is the Rolls Royce of all possible visas for Australia because it is the only one that comes with absolutely no strings attached, but the requirements for it are stringent and the points score that is needed is high.

At 28 & 29, which you and hubby are at the moment, and with a small child as you currently have, it is pretty unlikely that you would be able to afford to study for a skill in Australia, to be honest.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest jemmatasha

mitchkeza......... basically i will be hoping to move with my partner, if i do a course out there, my partner cannot work, or i, more than 20 hours a week each???

Guest jemmatasha

thank you, dont know much about this site yet, new to it.

there are so many things i could do (according to the SOL list)

im 23 my partner is 27, my little girl is 2 and half yrs old.

The problem with understanding the SOL list is that... say i was administrtor just a general administrator, where would that fit in under the SOL list? its difficult to know where!!!!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Jemma - again

Please get this straight. Australia is not even slightly interested in what you need to do or not do in order to cope with the demands of your family, courses that you think might interest you or whatever it happens to be.

Australia has its own shopping list of the skills that it believes it needs and it is prepared to import. The MODL describes the list of skills that they need the most at the moment. Therefore the choice for you is a stark one. Either you or Hubby acquire a skill that Australia will still need by the time you have completed the training for it, passed the exams in it and gained the necessary level of work-experience in it on top, or you will not be able to emigrate to Australia at all, period.

At the moment, you cannot offer anything which is on Australia's shopping list. Unless you can do so, Australia will not accept you.

Therefore you have to turn your thinking around completely and turn yourself into somebody that Australia wants to attract. As far as the Australian Government is concerned, if that is too inconvenient for you, fair dinkum. There is no shortage of other candidates who will do whatever it takes in order to get themselves out there instead of you.

Are you aware that in the 2008/9 Migration Program Year (which began on 1st July 2008) Australia will be granting a maximum of 139,000 skilled migrant visas only? They can confidently expect to get at least a million applications from all over the world, all chasing less than 140,000 visas.

Either you acquire a skill that Australia needs or Australia will not let you in. What is the ASCO Code reference for an Association and Accounting Technologist? Please supply the code number and then I will tell you whether it is on any of the possible lists for migration because the SOL is only one of the lists. Look in the ASCO Code, find the skill, and please then give me the code number and page number for it.

However I am not going to wade through the ASCO Code for you a second time. I simply do not have time to chase every red herring that you want to raise.

Best wishes

Gill

Are you aware that in the 2008/9 Migration Program Year (which began on 1st July 2008) Australia will be granting a maximum of 139,000 skilled migrant visas only?

Hi Gill

My wife is a student nurse and soon to be qualified and we were looking to get in under the skilled Migrant visa so are you saying that we have a 14% chance of being successful?

JOHN

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill

My wife is a student nurse and soon to be qualified and we were looking to get in under the skilled Migrant visa so are you saying that we have a 14% chance of being successful?

JOHN

Hi John

No - if you and/or your Agents have done all your/their homework correctly, your chances of a PR visa should be 100%. A LOT of the applications that DIAC receive are defective for one reason or another - eg insufficient work-experience (because DIAC get a second bite at the cherry about that even though the applicant has already passed his or her skills assessment.) Some of the applications are "supported" by bogus documents and whatnot. I once read a thread on British Expats in which their moderator JAJ - who used to be a Registered Migration Agent - said that the anecdotal evidence is that about 10% of all visa applications are refused on medical grounds. Really, there are any number of reasons as to why some applications fail, I suspect.

I think it also doesn't help that the vast majority of applicants are probably not native English speakers. I can read a French newspaper and more or less get the gist ofsome of the articles as long as they contain a few keywords that I can translate because I happen to know the words from some other context. Would reading the French Immigration website enable me to work enough of it out? Almost certainly not, I would think (not that I've tried.)

I think applicants for immigration to another country are at a particular disadvantage because the one thing that none of us need to know in our own country is what the visa requirements for it might be.

I found when I pieced the details of my mother's Contributory Parent visa together (bog-simple compared to a skilled application, I reckon) the biggest single difficulty I had was that I didn't have a clue about the concepts involved. Consequently even though the DIAC website is written in English I had huge difficulty understanding large swathes of it to start with. I would sit at the PC thinking, "This website is completely unintelligible gibberish. Did they get kangaroos to write it or something?"

It must be next-to-impossible to understand the DIAC website when it is not written in one's native tongue, I reckon.

However, if the application meets all the criteria then there is no reason for it to fail. Bear in mind too that although the 2008/9 quota of skilled PR visas has been set at 139,000, not everybody who gets a visa will get it during the migration program year in which they apply.

The point that I was trying to make to Jemma is that unless she is able to train for something that is on the MODL and likely to remain there, she really needs to think hard about why she is doing the training. The course chosen might be great for a future career in the UK but it might not be any use as the springboard for PR in Oz.

Plus - in the nicest possible way - she needed to stop asking myriad questions and settle down to studying the DIAC website instead for the time being. Questions posed in isolation from what is actually do-able do not really help the person asking them.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Jemma,

Sorry love but i think gollywobbler is right, you really need to get onto the australian immigration website and find out what occupations they want. Part of the reason so many of us want to move to australia is that they don't just let in any idiot off the boat with no qualifications and who can't speak english, (not naming names of any countries closer to home of course) and this is why they have such stringent rules of what exactly THEY want.

I've been trying to get into Oz for years, finally got some light at the end of the tunnel as i finish my nursing course in a years time. I've now got to try and convince WA health that they want to le me in on their graduate program, even then me and my OH won't be on a permanent visa, we have to wait until i have enough work experience. Also got to hope of coure that they don't decide they've got enough nurses before i get my pin!!:arghh:

I'm just trying to get you to understand that its a really long hard road, and sacrifices and stuff have to be made, as a lot of people on here know all too well!!

So do some research, find out your childcare options, and good luck.

Guest jemmatasha

its so difficult, im not the most patient of people. The list of occupations they want is so long and difficult to understand. Yes gollywobler is right about studying the list, ill have to if i want any chance of fiding a qualification that i want and go to clollege to get the qualification.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jemma

Fear not, chooks! Remember that you are only 23 so you have LOADS of time on your side in which to study the lists, get cracking on some training etc.

I'm not trying to push you into hairdressing specifically, but there was a thread abuot it on here not long ago. One lady had started a full time hairdressing course. Another was doing it part time. Both had had professional advice and it seemed that the part time course would be OK - it would merely take longer for the lady to become quaified etc.

It might be worth thinking along these lines? I agree with pinkpom that it might well be worth investigating what is needed for a Childcare Coordinator as well.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived