Citizenship - Proof of entry

Coco M

Hi poms and non-poms,

We are applying for citizenship after arriving on a 457 followed by PR on 186. Do we need to provide proof of entry? Surely they know that from VEVO? We don't have the passports with the stamp anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Coco

They specifically ask for evidence of when you first arrived in Australia - and also they ask you to bring it with you to the test/interview (it's a bullet point in the interview invite letter).

Do you have your old passport somewhere?  I scanned the stamp on the page that was given when I visited to activate my visa. I have no idea if they will want to see if or not, but I will have it ready anyway.

17 minutes ago, vickyplum said:

They specifically ask for evidence of when you first arrived in Australia - and also they ask you to bring it with you to the test/interview (it's a bullet point in the interview invite letter).

Do you have your old passport somewhere?  I scanned the stamp on the page that was given when I visited to activate my visa. I have no idea if they will want to see if or not, but I will have it ready anyway.

Actually I have 3 out of 4 passports, and there are no arrival stamps in them!!! 

3 hours ago, Coco M said:

Hi poms and non-poms,

We are applying for citizenship after arriving on a 457 followed by PR on 186. Do we need to provide proof of entry? Surely they know that from VEVO? We don't have the passports with the stamp anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Coco

you can try this http://www.naa.gov.au/ or this https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1359.pdf

I do find it annoying that they ask for evidence of this.  They already have this information in their system and I hardly ever get my passport stamped anymore.

Im actually not sure you will be asked for it.  I wasn’t at interview and my husband didn’t have a stamp in his passport (I actually did probably because the e system wouldn’t work for me).  I just uploaded the passport he used for entry.  We both have our citizenship.

Sometimes the info on the application system doesn’t keep pace.  It said for many months  after they started accepting simple colour scans of evidence (for skilled visas) that you MUST get documents notified.

7 hours ago, rammygirl said:

I do find it annoying that they ask for evidence of this.  They already have this information in their system and I hardly ever get my passport stamped anymore.

Im actually not sure you will be asked for it.  I wasn’t at interview and my husband didn’t have a stamp in his passport (I actually did probably because the e system wouldn’t work for me).  I just uploaded the passport he used for entry.  We both have our citizenship.

Sometimes the info on the application system doesn’t keep pace.  It said for many months  after they started accepting simple colour scans of evidence (for skilled visas) that you MUST get documents notified.

Yes I agree. Since (at least since they have been scanning passports at entry) they have the info, what ask again. I will get the form 1359 done and show them the email if they ask.

Thanks

On 28/10/2020 at 14:20, shiveringpom said:

i just said not available as online , passports dont get stamped -not for years ( from UK )  - not a problem in our application nor an issue at interview and test a few weeks ago in Brisbane - dont worry x

Ok thank you