Help re LPA/Will etc parents in UK, 2 son's (citizens)!!

skippy2009

Sorry, for the confusion, we have 2 son's, Australian citizens, married to Australians, we live in the UK,  have a will, however, needs updating, decided we don't want a "traditional" funeral just a direct cremation , how practical is to appoint our son's as executors (although I think they are), as they are in Australia.  Trying to avoid the extortionate fees lawyers charge as executors, I understand there will be fees which is fine, rather not involve family/friends if possible.  Any members find themselves in a similar position?

Many thanks in advance for advice/comments.

Edited by skippy2009
grammar

3 hours ago, skippy2009 said:

Sorry, for the confusion, we have 2 son's, Australian citizens, married to Australians, we live in the UK,  have a will, however, needs updating, decided we don't want a "traditional" funeral just a direct cremation , how practical is to appoint our son's as executors (although I think they are), as they are in Australia.  Trying to avoid the extortionate fees lawyers charge as executors, I understand there will be fees which is fine, rather not involve family/friends if possible.  Any members find themselves in a similar position?

Many thanks in advance for advice/comments.

I’ve recently updated my will and my children, who live in Australia, are executors. It doesn’t matter where they live, they just have to administer your estate in accordance to your wishes when that time comes. They would probably have to visit the U.K. to sort out things such as bank accounts etc but that’s no big deal. I expect they’d need to do that to tidy up lose ends anyway. Go for it. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

I’m POA for my dad and executor of his will. The POA thing is tedious given the speed of post at the moment and I will deal with the executor thing when it happens but I’m hoping there won’t be any problems. I was in UK when I had to deal with mums will but there was a very good, relatively ok priced online service which helped me with probate.

Edited by Quoll
  • Like 1