AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 27/08/2021 at 22:42, RKA said:

Application date : 01 June 2021

Test date: 30 July 2021 (got cancelled due to snap lockdown in Adl)

Test date: 13 August 2021

Passed the test with 100%, uploaded the document they asked, the same day but both me and my spouse waiting for approval.

Anyone else in Adl facing delays in approval?

Me I’m waiting from 28 of May for approval in ADL

Edited by Athens07

On 19/08/2021 at 14:50, combustion said:

Just an update about my citizenship ceremony with the Sutherland Shire council.

30th July ceremony - canceled due to the lockdown

27th August ceremony - canceled due to the lockdown

I received a text message from the council that they are sending invites for the virtual ceremonies soon.

I am still waiting for my invite.

Hang in there everyone, we will finish strong soon.

Hi, Congrats!

Can I ask when was your application approved? I am also in the Shire, but have no sign of ceremony as yet.

1 hour ago, Kkk7 said:

Hi everyone, 

Just quick question, I’m waiting for my ceremony I’m planning to move inter state, if I transfer my file, Would there be delays in getting Ceremony in  another state. 
thanks 

You will be allocated to their queue, so it could be a long or short one, who knows. Once you move interstate, you will have to update your residential address on immi account and also call the DHA so they can allocate you to your new council. This is what I did.

Cheers. 

23 hours ago, Ronansmyth said:

Hi, Congrats!

Can I ask when was your application approved? I am also in the Shire, but have no sign of ceremony as yet.

When I took my citizenship exam last February, it was approved after a few hours.

I got my virtual ceremony invite yesterday for next Friday.

They will text/email you soon. They are taking only few people per ceremony; mine will only have 12.

• Like 1

Those waiting in Moreton Bay Regional Council, I have raised a FOI, and they have replied with: "(...)as of 20th August 2021 there were 1582 people whose applications been approved and were waiting to attend their ceremony."

Now, within these numbers, there may be people waiting from 0-8 months already (or longer, who knows) since they got their applications approved. 

Moreton Bay Council don't publish upcoming events they have left for this year. However, Moreton bay Regional Council did say over the phone that they organise ceremonies every 2 months . 

On 19/08/2021 at 13:03, Slav said:

I've got approval in January. Still waiting for the ceremony.

I've got approval in January as well. Still waiting for ceremony. Do you know if we can get virtual ceremony in Brisbane? Please advice when you get your invite.