AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 06/04/2021 at 19:19, ToowoombaBlue said:

I doubt you will have the same issue. We got married in the Dominican Republic and the certificate was in Spanish, we had it translated in the UK but Immi insisted it needed translating by an Australian approved translator! 
Bit jobsworth if you ask me, but you have to jump through the correct hoops I suppose.

Hi @ToowoombaBlue,

I have heard back today. I have got a Citizenship Test Date for June 2021. 

Applied July 2020
Citizenship Test Date June 2021 

Regards,

Applied Citizenship  12 Oct 2020

Current citizenship    British

Invitation                    10 May 2021

Test Date                    10 June 2021 (Newcastle)

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting (Lake Macquarie TBC)

Hello! Someone helpfully put a link here before to how we could request information about how many candidates were awaiting ceremonies in a certain council area. I tried it at the time but it was down for maintenance and now of course I can't find it again. Does anyone know where I could check?

I'm awaiting my ceremony (only a month at this stage so no drama). My council have helpfully posted their ceremony dates up until November (seem to be every two months) and I'm just curious to see how many are ahead of me. We're debating a move to Sydney from Melbourne, but if I thought I might be called in the next batch (mid-July), I think I'd stick it out here rather than moving my application & complicating things. 

Thanks!!

34 minutes ago, RoEire said:

Hello! Someone helpfully put a link here before to how we could request information about how many candidates were awaiting ceremonies in a certain council area. I tried it at the time but it was down for maintenance and now of course I can't find it again. Does anyone know where I could check?

I'm awaiting my ceremony (only a month at this stage so no drama). My council have helpfully posted their ceremony dates up until November (seem to be every two months) and I'm just curious to see how many are ahead of me. We're debating a move to Sydney from Melbourne, but if I thought I might be called in the next batch (mid-July), I think I'd stick it out here rather than moving my application & complicating things. 

Thanks!!

Ceremonies in Sydney is taking too long... minimum 6 months ... backlog is huge... ceremonies in Melbourne is much faster...

Applied May 2020
Test May 2021
Passed and approved same day, awaiting ceremony invite

For anyone taking time from work when seeing the 2 hour slot for test/interview, my appointment in Melbourne took 10 minutes in total, so quick!

I have recently applied for the citizenship application, and since then my mother passed away due to COVID. Now, do I need to fill 1022 form to update my application? and If so, what should I mention, as in the application there is no question about being deceased. Would I be just updating her expiry of citizenship date?

Finally i got invitation for my citizenship ceremony...Below  is the Timeline

Applied-20 march 2020

Test invitation 22 December 2020

Test done on 19-1-2021

Approved 1-2-2021

Ceremony 2-6-2021

Parramatta

Parramatta is pretty Quick than other councils in NSW

Hopefully people who are in the queque will get their ceremonies soon.✌️✌️

3 hours ago, Bondi797 said:

@Aayush sorry to hear hear about your loss. My condolences.

there is a drop-down box in the online app that has “deceased” as an option.

so when you inform them, I’m sure they will just update your file.

all the best.

Thank you Bondi797, is the option available after submitting the application? When you say online app, I suppose you are referring to the immiAccount, am I correct?

1 hour ago, Aayush said:

Thank you Bondi797, is the option available after submitting the application? When you say online app, I suppose you are referring to the immiAccount, am I correct?

@Aayush I’m not sure if you can edit it. But yes it was on the immi account application under family and spouse related to the applicant.

there is a drop down box where you can click deceased.

Hey guys,

just wanted to share my timeline:

State: Western Australia. Council: City of Vincent

Applied for citizenship: 25/03/21

Citizenship Test: 18/05/21

Citizenship Approved: 18/05/21 (within 2hrs of test)

So happy to be nearly at the end of this journey after 6 bloody long years! Just getting impatient now and I wanted to know from those who are already booked for their ceremonies, did you receive a letter/email from immigration saying your application was approved + a different letter/email from your council/shire for the ceremony or was it all together?!

Angel

Hi Everyone, just a quick update - received my citizenship ceremony invitation on 20/05/2021 MELBOURNE Kingston Council. Ceremony date mid June 2021.

My interview & test was done and approved on 20/04/2021 and 21/04/2021.

A lot faster than I expected.

Good luck to all of you, the day will come.

• Congratulations 1

2 hours ago, cherrygn said:

Hi Everyone, just a quick update - received my citizenship ceremony invitation on 20/05/2021 MELBOURNE Kingston Council. Ceremony date mid June 2021.

My interview & test was done and approved on 20/04/2021 and 21/04/2021.

A lot faster than I expected.

Good luck to all of you, the day will come.

Congratulations! Can't believe this is for Melbourne as so quick. I was approved at end of March so hopefully will hear about ceremony soon. I'm currently in UK as my Father died so suspect on pause until I'm back. When did you apply?

Hi everyone

Thank you all for your informative posts. I was just wondering if anyone has been asked for an original copy of their Form 1195 (identity declaration) and endorsed passport photo at their citizenship appointment? I have my test/appointment on Monday, but I can't find the original of the form and photo.

Thanks!
Rob

50 minutes ago, robmac said:

Hi everyone

Thank you all for your informative posts. I was just wondering if anyone has been asked for an original copy of their Form 1195 (identity declaration) and endorsed passport photo at their citizenship appointment? I have my test/appointment on Monday, but I can't find the original of the form and photo.

Thanks!
Rob

Hi, Rob

The form and the photo are not necessary. Read the invitation carefully and bring only what is required. 

●at least three documents that collectively show your photograph, signature, currentresidential address, date of birth, birth name and gender

●proof of name change, if applicable

●any other identity documents issued by another government that you consider will assist in verifying your identity

●evidence of when you first arrived in Australia and your present country of citizenship

●the documents that were submitted with your application (passport, birth certificate  and ID, not forms)

●documents for any children under 16 years of age included in your application

●official translation to accompany any documents which are not in English (seeTranslating your documents)

●any other documents that we have requested you to provide.

Childrens Citizenship by Descent took just over 2 weeks 😮

The Dept of Home Affairs website says 8 months for 75% of applicants, I submitted application from the UK on 3rd May and approval received today.  The best news ever and completely unexpected to have the answer so quickly.  

1 hour ago, pearplumpie said:

Congratulations! Can't believe this is for Melbourne as so quick. I was approved at end of March so hopefully will hear about ceremony soon. I'm currently in UK as my Father died so suspect on pause until I'm back. When did you apply?

Hi there, we applied in Melbourne May 2020. 

Sorry to hear your loss.

On 19/05/2021 at 18:53, Happy0005 said:

Finally i got invitation for my citizenship ceremony...Below  is the Timeline

Applied-20 march 2020

Test invitation 22 December 2020

Test done on 19-1-2021

Approved 1-2-2021

Ceremony 2-6-2021

Parramatta

Parramatta is pretty Quick than other councils in NSW

Hopefully people who are in the queque will get their ceremonies soon.✌️✌️

Thanks for posting your timeline. When did you receive your invitation? Also did you receive it via email?

Hi everyone. I know this question has been asked a million times over and I apologise for adding to that, but can someone remind me where I can find practice tests for my upcoming citizenship test next week? I'm not too concerned about passing but just want a refresher on the type of questions I will encounter.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

Hi everyone. I know this question has been asked a million times over and I apologise for adding to that, but can someone remind me where I can find practice tests for my upcoming citizenship test next week? I'm not too concerned about passing but just want a refresher on the type of questions I will encounter.

Thanks.

There you go 😊

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/prepare-for-test/practice-test-new