AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

3 hours ago, RyanReid said:

Hi guys, 

New to this thread but hopefully someone may know the answer or had a similar experience.

I am due to have my citizenship interview + test tomorrow, and just had a last minute review of all required documents to be certain I am prepared. I noticed that the Immigration website says they do not accept certified documents. However I ordered a copy of my birth certificate from General Registration Office in the UK and the copy they sent me says "Certified Copy" despite it looking official. 

Has anyone else had to re-order there birth certificate? and had any issues with it?

I appreciate all the help and feedback. 

Thanks

Hi, I applied for Citizenship using the GRO Birth Certificate copy, as I only had the original of the 'short' version of my Birth Cert. The original 'full' Birth Cert was lost a long time ago when I was a child!  Anyway, I took both the 'short' and GRO copy Birth Cert to my citizenship interview/test but wasn't asked to show them. And I'm a citizen now, so clearly the GRO Birth Cert copy version is fine! 

Just take all the documents that you used when you applied (ie, follow the instructions in the invite letter). I was only asked to show my passport and my NSW driver licence as ID.

21 minutes ago, vickyplum said:

Hi, I applied for Citizenship using the GRO Birth Certificate copy, as I only had the original of the 'short' version of my Birth Cert. The original 'full' Birth Cert was lost a long time ago when I was a child!  Anyway, I took both the 'short' and GRO copy Birth Cert to my citizenship interview/test but wasn't asked to show them. And I'm a citizen now, so clearly the GRO Birth Cert copy version is fine! 

Just take all the documents that you used when you applied (ie, follow the instructions in the invite letter). I was only asked to show my passport and my NSW driver licence as ID.

Yes depends on CO I guess, I was asked for my birth certificate (both original and translation), passport, Medicare, Driver's license ,and one another thing I don't remember.

5 hours ago, vickyplum said:

Thank you Vicky, and for your response to my other question. I feel a lot more re-assured now.

• Like 1

Did anyone else get this ‘warning’ sign on their application? I just checked my application and it says Submitted but I am not sure if it is just reminding me to check that I have (and this appears on all applications) or if it thinks I haven’t attached something. Has anyone else seen this? 

69677AEE-7C1E-43BB-9D31-AEFF3F953A15.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lucyllo said:

Did anyone else get this ‘warning’ sign on their application? I just checked my application and it says Submitted but I am not sure if it is just reminding me to check that I have (and this appears on all applications) or if it thinks I haven’t attached something. Has anyone else seen this? 

69677AEE-7C1E-43BB-9D31-AEFF3F953A15.jpeg

Ignore it, if u r single applicant. 

See previous msgs to see what all needs to be attached. 

Hi!

I had my test on Feb 11th and am still waiting for approval - has anyone been waiting longer? I'm seeing that lots of people are approved on the same day or within a few! Realise there is no one to contact as I am still within processing times... Would be assigned to Wollongong council if anyone has had a similar experience 🙂 

Guys- this is a question for people who are done with the citizenship ceremony.

Did you all have to arrive an hour and a half before the ceremony commences ? I have asked the same to the Brisbane city council and awaiting their reply.

What would happen if i arrive by 7pm for a ceremony which commences by 7.30pm ?

Im assuming they asking us to arrive early just to verify the documents and make you sit in the auditorium.

below was the info in the email invite-
Date:                       Thursday 1 April 2021
Arrival Time:          Please arrive an hour and a half before the ceremony commences
Ceremony Time:    7.25pm - 8.20pm
Place:                      The Great Hall, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre

regards
Nishant
Edited by nike1902

6 hours ago, emma2104 said:

Hi!

I had my test on Feb 11th and am still waiting for approval - has anyone been waiting longer? I'm seeing that lots of people are approved on the same day or within a few! Realise there is no one to contact as I am still within processing times... Would be assigned to Wollongong council if anyone has had a similar experience 🙂 

Been waiting from 3rd of March.

8 hours ago, emma2104 said:

Hi!

Hi Emma, I had my test on 12th Feb and I know a guy who had his test in first week of Feb, both waiting approval.

fyi we are in VIC.

best of luck

9 hours ago, emma2104 said:

Hi!

Waiting since 30th January

7 hours ago, nike1902 said:
Guys- this is a question for people who are done with the citizenship ceremony.

Did you all have to arrive an hour and a half before the ceremony commences ? I have asked the same to the Brisbane city council and awaiting their reply.

What would happen if i arrive by 7pm for a ceremony which commences by 7.30pm ?

Im assuming they asking us to arrive early just to verify the documents and make you sit in the auditorium.

below was the info in the email invite-
Date:                       Thursday 1 April 2021
Arrival Time:          Please arrive an hour and a half before the ceremony commences
Ceremony Time:    7.25pm - 8.20pm
Place:                      The Great Hall, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre

regards
Nishant
 verifying the documents and make you sit in the auditorium  ==> is important. I think you should give them some margin, as MAYOR may come. 

1 hour ago, emma2104 said:

Thanks everyone - they must have read this forum post as I got approved today 😅 

Still no confirmation of ceremony but immiaccount has changed to approved. Fingers crossed yours come through soon too 🙂 

Congratulation, are you in Vic ?

14 hours ago, emma2104 said:

Hi!

Same here. I did my test on February and didn’t got an approval letter, my immiaccount is not approved too

On 05/12/2020 at 14:01, tharru said:

actually, i am in Melbourne right now and my appointment is in Sydney. so I'm confused about what address proof should I bring. appreciate any help with this.

Hi, what did you bring in your interview? My driver licence is in NSW but I will be in Adelaide for test. Should I bring my other forms of proof of address, like bills ?

I am a silent reader. I had my interview and test on 25th March 2021 at DHA Melbourne CBD in the morning passed the test 100%. My wife took the test same day in the afternoon. After her test both of our applications were approved immediately.

42 minutes ago, VIC3939 said:

I am a silent reader. I had my interview and test on 25th March 2021 at DHA Melbourne CBD in the morning passed the test 100%. My wife took the test same day in the afternoon. After her test both of our applications were approved immediately.

Congratulations! Just the ceremony to go now. I have just received my invitation for the test for mid-May but managed to reschedule for Monday. Also Melbourne, and applied mid-April 2020.

Quick question - have just received my invitation to the interview and test and managed to reschedule for Monday 29 March. It says certified copies of documents are not acceptable, but I only have the certified copy of my birth certificate from the UK. It is a copy sent by the Register of Births etc so I am presuming it will be ok as it is not a photocopy that has been certified by an official, but rather still an official document. As for a bank notice to take - is it ok to just print out a bank statement and take that? We have recently moved so don't have any utilities yet.

Thank in advance for your wisdom!

And for those wondering - applied mid-April 2020, invitation received 25/3/21 for interview on 14/5/21 but have rescheduled it for Monday 29 March. In Melbourne, VIC

41 minutes ago, pearplumpie said:

Quick question - have just received my invitation to the interview and test and managed to reschedule for Monday 29 March. It says certified copies of documents are not acceptable, but I only have the certified copy of my birth certificate from the UK. It is a copy sent by the Register of Births etc so I am presuming it will be ok as it is not a photocopy that has been certified by an official, but rather still an official document. As for a bank notice to take - is it ok to just print out a bank statement and take that? We have recently moved so don't have any utilities yet.

And for those wondering - applied mid-April 2020, invitation received 25/3/21 for interview on 14/5/21 but have rescheduled it for Monday 29 March. In Melbourne, VIC

They just asked me for my Drivers License. For my wife just her passport.

20 hours ago, pearplumpie said:

If you applied using the copy birth cert from the UK, that's the one you need take. I did the same and it was fine.  For bank notice, there's a function in my online banking called 'proof of account' or something like that, and it produces a letter confirming  name, address and bank account details.  Assume a statement would be OK as well.

I was only asked for my NSW licence and passport, but I'd taken everything with me, as that's what the invite letter said to do, and I am very compliant like that 🙂 

Edited by vickyplum

47 minutes ago, vickyplum said:

If you applied using the copy birth cert from the UK, that's the one you need take. I did the same and it was fine.  For bank notice, there's a function in my online banking called 'proof of account' or something like that, and it produces a letter confirming  name, address and bank account details.  Assume a statement would be OK as well.

I was only asked for my NSW licence and passport, but I'd taken everything with me, as that's what the invite letter said to do, and I am very compliant like that 🙂 

Thanks so much. Great username btw 

• Like 1