AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

10 hours ago, feroz khan said:

Hi guys,

Applied online application for citizenship 7/06/2020 (Adelaide)

Got test date on 23rd Oct 2020.

Just quick question if anyone able to answer that would be great.

Am married and my wife just got PR after 2 years. Am a single applicant for citizenship as my wife still not eligible. I have all other original documents with me except marriage certificate from India. Unfortunately,  it's in India. Is it a mandatory document as I have not changed my names since birth. 

Thanks in advance

Good luck Feroz. May you please let us know when did you receive email invitation for your test? 

good luck and hope you get approved straight away!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny842003 said:

I noticed that my local council Fairfield, Sydney are holding in person citizenship ceremonies again. Just thought I would share as I had only heard of them happening in Perth. 

I checked mine at Bayside council, yeah they recommenced. Not sure if that is good or bad as i hoped virtual one may be quicker to get ours 

On 13/10/2020 at 10:56, FES said:

Good luck Feroz. May you please let us know when did you receive email invitation for your test? 

good luck and hope you get approved straight away!

I did just today my test... they didn't ask for anything... just passport... no interview... 15 sort it out

7 minutes ago, Jayger said:

I did just today my test... they didn't ask for anything... just passport... no interview... 15 sort it out

Same here did test today, they just looked at passport no interview. Test was done in 5min now waiting for approval. 

49 minutes ago, Jayger said:

Congrats Jayger! May you please share your timeline and which state?

Edited by FES

Hi everyone!

Would appreciate if someone could kindly give update like the current processing month with regard to the applicants who applied from ACT.  By the way, I applied in August 2020 and waiting for test/interview date. My humble request is, when my test/interview is expected tentatively, keeping in view the current actual processing time of others from ACT? Regard 

Hi folks, 

I applied my citizenship on 26/09/2020 

hobart 

I have question that I have lost my marriage certificate but I do have certified copy of my marriage certificate. I was wondering what else I can do or what are the alternatives. 
Cheers 

37 minutes ago, A kaur said:

Hi folks, 

I applied my citizenship on 26/09/2020 

hobart 

I have question that I have lost my marriage certificate but I do have certified copy of my marriage certificate. I was wondering what else I can do or what are the alternatives. 
Cheers 

If it helps here in Perth yesterday they only wanted to see passport nothing else.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tt2 said:

If it helps here in Perth yesterday they only wanted to see passport nothing else.

Thank you so much. I mean it should be fine because I have my husband’s name mentioned on my passport as well but I was little worried. Thank you so much for your reply. 

13 hours ago, Nora said:

Meanwhile in Victoria...

I hope we start hearing good news soon. 

I'm waiting to see how they gonna clear the backlog in Victoria when it reopens. Simply ridiculous to close down all the test centers even super low risk.