AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

4 hours ago, Kuwind said:

No, u dont need to take him. He was under 16 at the time of application so nothing needs to be done. U can reschedule ur test n finish the test earlier n get in queue for cermony 

Don’t need to take your son along, for me as well it was the same scenario. He just asked about my son’s details. 

On 30/06/2022 at 12:58, Bradley1986 said:

Hi all,

Is anyone waiting from Stonnington Council and or aware of what the wait time looks like. My approval was on June 9th.

It seems shocking that they only have 3 dates for 2022 given the backlog

• Thursday 21 April 2022
  • Thursday 14 July 2022
  • Thursday 15 September 2022
  • Thursday 26 January 2023

I am waiting for Stonnington  and was approved on April 5th

I found it ridiculous too, I called home affair to make sure the put me in the September one cause otherwise my whole timeline would be over two years (applied in Jan 21), longer than their advertised timeline....but they were hopeless they just said keep waiting..

It's just so unfair that some people's application take less than a year in total while other take two years just because they happen to be in the "wrong" council..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danish Saleem said:

It should not only if you receive a court notice you need to update them , however during the interview they might ask you for any traffic fine and make sure you tell them about your recent fine and that’s it , don’t worry 🙂

Thank you so much.

Hello everyone, 

By God grace, I got my citizenship approval today. 

Applied June 2021 

Test invite 8 june 2022

Test given 6 th July 

Approval 21 July 

Thank you

Wait for ceremony now 

Whittlesea council.

• Congratulations 1

Hi All

I have applied in August 2021, interview and test will be in Aug 2022.

I have a question of documents for evidence of birth. It should be either one listed (birth certificate , family registration documents), not both right?

Thanks

• Congratulations 1

They will ask you for the one that you have submitted with your VISA application, Birth Certificate is the most important they can even ask for you a birth certificate even if you have submitted a family registration certificate, so I would recommend that you should have your birth certificate with you.

14 hours ago, SSY said:

Hi All

I have applied in August 2021, interview and test will be in Aug 2022.

I have a question of documents for evidence of birth. It should be either one listed (birth certificate , family registration documents), not both right?

Thanks

Congratulations. One is enough. I think you are from VIC. What's your application date?

22 hours ago, Danish Saleem said:

They will ask you for the one that you have submitted with your VISA application, Birth Certificate is the most important they can even ask for you a birth certificate even if you have submitted a family registration certificate, so I would recommend that you should have your birth certificate with you.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, SSY said:

Hi

I applied in August 2021.

Thanks for the reply. I can see that from your post. Actually, I was particular about exact application date as I am doing some analysis on numbers.

Edited by Delta27

On 23/07/2022 at 10:46, Delta27 said:

Thanks for the reply. I can see that from your post. Actually, I was particular about exact application date as I am doing some analysis on numbers.

Sorry, the application date is 10 August 2021

• Thanks 1

On 29/07/2022 at 23:07, CCS said:

Hello SSY , may I know if you are in VIC and when you received your notice of the interview?

Yes, in Vic.

Application date 10/08/2021.

Notice of interview 14/07/2022

interview date 22/08/2022

On 15/07/2022 at 14:38, sarens said:

I am waiting for Stonnington  and was approved on April 5th

I found it ridiculous too, I called home affair to make sure the put me in the September one cause otherwise my whole timeline would be over two years (applied in Jan 21), longer than their advertised timeline....but they were hopeless they just said keep waiting..

It's just so unfair that some people's application take less than a year in total while other take two years just because they happen to be in the "wrong" council..

Stonnington have listed two more for this year -

• Tuesday 20 September 2022
  • Wednesday 12 October 2022
  • Wednesday 16 November 2022

I am hoping I can get into one this year to keep me within the 2 year wait period.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2022 at 14:17, Ramy said:

What if the application is approved but not finalised? Do we still need a PCC for a visit to the home country..??

If the application has been approved then no need to do another PCC. Because at that stage, all the document check has been completed and you are only waiting for a ceremony to get the application finalised. 

On 06/07/2022 at 14:05, elden0613 said:

😭Not yet 

Hi there, I was wondering if you have been invited to the August ceremony? One person shared that she was approved 30th March 2022, and got invited to the 23rd August ceremony for Melton City Council. Please share if you have an update. Thank you. 

Hi All, my partner got citizenship interview date on 17th August 2022. She just noticed that she had slightly different names on her educational documents and also on the birth certificate. In all other documents including Passport, she has her current name. Should she inform this to citizenship processing team and if Yes, what corrective measures can be taken at this stage. Thanks