491 visa

Hi!  Would like to know i applied for NT region under 491 visa. Does this visa allows me to stay & work at other regional area if i choose not to go NT when its approve? Is there a requirement i must stay at NT at least a year or so before changing to another regional area? 

Edited by 33963

4 minutes ago, 33963 said:

Hi!  Would like to know i applied for NT region under 491 visa. Does this visa allows me to stay & work at other region if i choose not to go NT when its approve? Is there a requirement i must stay at NT at least a year or so before changing to another region? 

You certainly need to stay within a regional region (so you can't get a 491 and then run off to Sydney). Its longer than a year though, I beleive its three years that the regional requirement exists for.

I don't know if you can transfer to regional areas in other states or only within the sponsoring state (I would suspect they want you to stay in the place that sponsored you but I'm not an expert)

To my awareness you have a moral obligation to live and work within the state that is sponsoring you for atleast three years. It depends what you are wanting. Most people on 491 are wanting PR by the end of it so if you don't live and work within your sponsored state, you risk being able to stay.

Edited by AmyL

5 hours ago, 33963 said:

Hi!  Would like to know i applied for NT region under 491 visa. Does this visa allows me to stay & work at other regional area if i choose not to go NT when its approve? Is there a requirement i must stay at NT at least a year or so before changing to another regional area? 

Have you read this thread: 

which applies just as much, if not more so, to the 491. The NT are pretty clued up to this sort of thing and do look carefully at your commitment. 

14 hours ago, 33963 said:

I guess the question would also be if you'd made a fraudulent statement in your visa application (i.e. in your commitment to NT), It already sounds like you don't want to commit to the state you're asking to sponsor you.

• Like 1