Recommended pet transport please!!

AmyL

Hi 

I am flying my 3 year old chihuahua out to Australia to move with us at the end of the year. I have heard mixed reviews about pet air, and also wondering whether we should even use a pet company! Can anyone give some advice - did you do it yourselves, what company did you use etc. etc.

Im very anxious about him flying out and being in quarantine so want the experience to be as less stressful for him as possible. He is so tiny and gets scared easily.

FB_IMG_1583312058861.jpg

Guest The Pom Queen

101% Bob at Petair, I knew him for many years before he came on to this forum. He is the only person I would trust with my fur babies. I have never in 15 years heard anything negative about Bob. He is the founder of the company and is a qualified vet. There is another company with a similar name.

Have a chat with @BobPetairUK and take a look at his Website https://www.petairuk.com/about-us/meet-the-team/ 

‘I personally have imported and exported and believe me it isn’t a process you want to even attempt alone. In fact I was doing this with a shipper in Europe a few years back and they totally messed up and Bob was there to help me pick up the pieces. That’s the only negative about @BobPetairUK he hasn’t cloned himself yet, because I wish his services were available in every country not just the UK. 

Guest The Pom Queen
1 hour ago, AmyL said:

Aww thank you I will have a look at pet air properly. That fills me with a bit of reassurance 

Ps your baby is so cute, no wonder you are worried.

Hi Amy

If you want to fly at the end of the year then you need to start with the rabies vaccines around now. Have a read of this and it will map out what you need to do. https://www.petairuk.com/destinations/taking-pets-to-australasia/australia/taking-dogs-to-australia/

I am sad you have heard mixed reviews about us. Our reviews are there to read on google and reviews.co.uk and the vast majority are great. Any company with a decent amount of reviews will have the occasional negative one - which we have tried our best to answer.

The thing for you to do now is to get quotes from any number of pet shippers, then speak to them and pick your best one. We all offer a slightly different amount of services, for example Petair offers a services which includes vet costs in UK, some include quarantine costs in Australia; so have a good read of them to compare what different companies include and offer.

And if there is anything else you need then ask and a thread such as this is super helpful to anyone in the same position as you.

And yes, your boy is super cute 😀

13 hours ago, AmyL said:

Hi 

I am flying my 3 year old chihuahua out to Australia to move with us at the end of the year. I have heard mixed reviews about pet air, and also wondering whether we should even use a pet company! Can anyone give some advice - did you do it yourselves, what company did you use etc. etc.

Im very anxious about him flying out and being in quarantine so want the experience to be as less stressful for him as possible. He is so tiny and gets scared easily.imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4

Most people on here used either Pet Air or Golden Arrow, and I don't recall seeing any negative reports on either of them.

We used Golden Arrow and I can highly recommend them. But I don't think they are taking on any new customers.

Pet Air were very helpful and knowledgeable when I needed a second opinion on my boy failing a blood test.

I wouldn't give the time of day to any of the other pet shippers I asked for quotes: one of them even sent me an out-of-date 'factsheet' stating that quarantine was still 30 days! 

• 2 weeks later...

We used Jets4Pets in the UK to transport our two cats to Queensland, they were brilliant.   It's a complicated thing transporting our pets to Australia, but despite our anxieties at bringing the cats out from North Yorkshire, everything was fine for them.   They were very well looked after all the way, and they had very good care also in the 10 day quarantine in Melbourne.

On 04/03/2020 at 15:19, BobPetairUK said:

Hi Amy

If you want to fly at the end of the year then you need to start with the rabies vaccines around now. Have a read of this and it will map out what you need to do. https://www.petairuk.com/destinations/taking-pets-to-australasia/australia/taking-dogs-to-australia/

I am sad you have heard mixed reviews about us. Our reviews are there to read on google and reviews.co.uk and the vast majority are great. Any company with a decent amount of reviews will have the occasional negative one - which we have tried our best to answer.

The thing for you to do now is to get quotes from any number of pet shippers, then speak to them and pick your best one. We all offer a slightly different amount of services, for example Petair offers a services which includes vet costs in UK, some include quarantine costs in Australia; so have a good read of them to compare what different companies include and offer.

And if there is anything else you need then ask and a thread such as this is super helpful to anyone in the same position as you.

And yes, your boy is super cute 😀

@BobPetairUK due to the coronavirus what is the current status/expectation of Flying pets from the UK in May (Once all vaccines etc are completed) - Has any of your current customers been advised of delays?

Honestly, we are battling hard. Our team are being super amazing. Bookings which we have made we are rebooking and rebooking again as the flights change and then change again. We are still receiving quote requests and we are responding to those. In terms of Australia flights, things are still carrying on. Qantas have brought in their breed restrictions and are not accepting new bookings at the moment, but they will in the future and there will be life after coronavirus. We are temporarily not accepting new clients while we look after the clients we already have signed up with us - this seems the most decent way to proceed. 

We are trying to proceed as normal and will rebook flights where we can and delay flights where we cannot rebook them. Some clients will have to repeat veterinary work if the blood samples go out of date, but i think the key bit of advice we have is to carry on as normal as you can. Make sure the rabies blood samples will not go out of date (i.e. if they were taken 18 months ago, then repeat them).

But, if you want a quote then send in a request, if you are flying at the end of the year then carry on as normal.

5 hours ago, BobPetairUK said:

Honestly, we are battling hard. Our team are being super amazing. Bookings which we have made we are rebooking and rebooking again as the flights change and then change again. We are still receiving quote requests and we are responding to those. In terms of Australia flights, things are still carrying on. Qantas have brought in their breed restrictions and are not accepting new bookings at the moment, but they will in the future and there will be life after coronavirus. We are temporarily not accepting new clients while we look after the clients we already have signed up with us - this seems the most decent way to proceed. 

We are trying to proceed as normal and will rebook flights where we can and delay flights where we cannot rebook them. Some clients will have to repeat veterinary work if the blood samples go out of date, but i think the key bit of advice we have is to carry on as normal as you can. Make sure the rabies blood samples will not go out of date (i.e. if they were taken 18 months ago, then repeat them).

But, if you want a quote then send in a request, if you are flying at the end of the year then carry on as normal.

Thank you so much for replying Bob! Everyone on here has been so reassuring I am feeling a lot better about the situation and will definitely be booking with you 🙂

I think the key point is that this is not going to last for ever. People who move to Australia take many years to plan their moves and there are things which can be done to make these moves work better - start the rabies vaccinations and blood samples (they do last for 2 years). Just dont let the coronavirus delays cause the rabies blood samples lapse and then you have to wait another 180 days after the rabies blood sample. If you get another rabies blood sample done before the first one runs out, then the 180 day wait is taken from the date of the first blood sample.

Please stay safe and lets look after each other 👌

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter needs to come home in May ( house sold) with her little SBT he is an amazing little dog with a wonderful temperament. Her husband is already here in the UK but she can’t get a flight out for the dog atm😢

Anyone got a y ideas how to get them home? 

Thanks 

Issey