Which shipping company??

Aussiebird

Hi

Would it be possible to have an update with feedback on the move?  It would be most helpful to have feedback on things like:

-how would you rate the service of the mover? Why did you go with them? Is the mover on the Australia end a contractor? What was the service from the Australian end, any problems?

-did you use storage at the UK or Australia end?

-what was the final cost$?

-how much time did it take for:  packers to pack your belongs; your goods to arrive in Australia; your goods to be delivered to your new home?

-did everything arrive? Anything go missing or broken?

-what was the time period from your arrival in Australia to your goods arriving in Australia?

-having gone though it and learnt much, what would you do differently if you were to do it again?

Any advice from someone who has survived a UK to Oz move is very much appreciated.

Thanks ever so much.

• 2 months later...

the biggest problem we had with PSS was to secure a date for the pickup . With the way the  UK house sale process is we only had days between exchange and completion and they expected us to book a couple of weeks in advance.

In the end we had to commit ourselves to a date  and hope for the best the final phase of the house sale would complete, because if we would have wanted to cancel that date they wanted 60% of the fee . Very stressful period .

how do other people manage this process ..as we have to do it again in about a years time .

4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Perhaps you're looking for something that doesnt exist...

it's not quite that easy, there have always been good reasons ... ageing parents, family connections , friends connections. I wouldn't want to miss the times I had with any of them , but if you have roots in both countries it will always be a compromise ...  hey I lasted the first 20 odd years non-stop in OZ and only have been a Nomad for the last 10 ... 

• 3 months later...

March 2021 move date

Good side. PSS saved me when another company who were due to pick up my stuff in pulled out 10 day before the move. They were good, packers were friendly and worked fast, I had already wrapped everything myself though.

Bad side, I got a £800 bill a few days later "payment surcharges" since they had my goods and unless I paid I would miss the boat AND pay storage I paid...

Edited by nickb787

On 26/12/2021 at 04:32, nickb787 said:

March 2021 move date

Good side. PSS saved me when another company who were due to pick up my stuff in pulled out 10 day before the move. They were good, packers were friendly and worked fast, I had already wrapped everything myself though.

Bad side, I got a £800 bill a few days later "payment surcharges" since they had my goods and unless I paid I would miss the boat AND pay storage I paid...

What was the justification for the surcharges? I'm seriously looking at using PSS in May and would appreciate your feedback

2 hours ago, ronaldyoung2500 said:

What was the justification for the surcharges? I'm seriously looking at using PSS in May and would appreciate your feedback

I looked up the email I received from them, it doesn't actually tell me what it was for, I know I called them but can't remember exactly where they got that outstanding amount from.

Don't forget to factor in port congestion charges A$1000, boat arrived on time in port and I assume unloaded without hassle. Congestion?