Leaving the employer before 2 years , effect on citizenship progress

Ressa

Just now, Ressa said:

Will be asked later on, for citizenship request, why we quit before 2 years of moral commitment , would it be a problem later ?  thanks 

ENS 186 

worked for employer 1 and a half before visa granted and over 6 months after the grant (currently working for same employer)

23 hours ago, Ressa said:

Will be asked later on, for citizenship request, why we quit before 2 years of moral commitment , would it be a problem later ?  thanks 

Im not sure which visa you are on but see if this thread helps. You 'could' apply for a 'release' if you have valid reasons why you wanted to leave the State before your 2 yrs is up. It seems then (if a release letter is granted) visa cancelation is highly unlikely thus not having an affect on your citizenship application.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calNgary said:

1 hour ago, calNgary said:

Im not sure which visa you are on but see if this thread helps. You 'could' apply for a 'release' if you have valid reasons why you wanted to leave the State before your 2 yrs is up. It seems then (if a release letter is granted) visa cancelation is highly unlikely thus not having an affect on your citizenship application.

Visa 186 direct entry stream 

worked for employer 1 and a half before visa granted and over 6 months after the grant (currently working for same employer)

Edited by Ressa

Hello everyone. I got 187 visa approval in november 2018 and I worked full time for the same employer till 1 jan 2020. Now restaurant is closed since 2jan 2020. I basically worked 13 months for the employer after PR. What should I do now. I am pregnant and facing difficulty to find job in my field. Any obligations under my circumstances. Plz help. Thanks

Edited by Ramneet

On 08/02/2020 at 12:54, Ressa said:

ENS 186 

There's no legal requirement on the 186 to remain with your employer for 2 years.  You make the commitment to during the application process, but after the visa is granted, it's never been an issue that I've seen for people to leave their employer.  Of course if someone does it immediately after the visa is granted, it's possible the employer could complain to DHA that the visa holder didn't have the intention to remain with them at the time the visa was granted and perhaps DHA would take steps towards cancelling the visa.  But 6 months after I would be very surprised if it was an issue.

2 hours ago, Ramneet said:

Hello everyone. I got 187 visa approval in november 2018 and I worked full time for the same employer till 1 jan 2020. Now restaurant is closed since 2jan 2020. I basically worked 13 months for the employer after PR. What should I do now. I am pregnant and facing difficulty to find job in my field. Any obligations under my circumstances. Plz help. Thanks

If your position is eliminated due to the business closing, that shouldn't be an issue for your visa.