143 / bridging visa / dependents

Islay1066

41 minutes ago, Islay1066 said:

Thank you everyone for lots of ideas / thoughts. Realistically,  I cannot find $129,000 dollars for uni there, even if I stayed here and waited out the 143.  My other annoyance though is that when I put in application, wait time was 38 - 44 months, therefore daughter was dependent, hence why applied with her on thec143. By the time it comes through potentially she will not be classed as dependent anymore ( to old to be ) so why did I pay for her part on visa. I paid on the understanding it would be through based on their guidelines . A question for someone somewhere in visa dept ? 

Getting so frustrated and stressed 😞

One benefit though is that the fee is based on the age at application not decision. Therefore if you do get it before she is no longer a dependent you will have paid for a child assessment and not an adult one. (small silver lining).

44 minutes ago, Islay1066 said:

My other annoyance though is that when I put in application, wait time was 38 - 44 months, therefore daughter was dependent, hence why applied with her on thec143.

You have a right to feel frustrated because of course, you trusted the word of your agent.  However, in June 2017 there were already over 38,000 applications in the queue and only 6,000 a year being granted - so the question is, why didn't your agent know that in September 2018?    

Like I said, I know it seems like good money after bad, but I really think  your only option is to pay another agent (like Paul above) to have a consultation.  If there is a way out of this mess, you need an expert like him to find it.   Good luck.