Tracking visa

pipmcrae

48 minutes ago, Lambert said:

You’d have to go through the migration agent to track 

If you have your IMMI case number you can create an IMMI account and import the application. Both you and the agent would then be able to see the application.

Fair warning though it is dull as ditch water, and you'll probably find the agent tells you of status updates long before you find them yourself...

3 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

If you have your IMMI case number you can create an IMMI account and import the application. Both you and the agent would then be able to see the application.

Fair warning though it is dull as ditch water, and you'll probably find the agent tells you of status updates long before you find them yourself...

You should also be aware that most agents have a clause in their contract that specifically prohibits this. Some applications cannot be imported in any case.

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

You should also be aware that most agents have a clause in their contract that specifically prohibits this. Some applications cannot be imported in any case.

I didn't know that.

Notwithstanding, I can't really see the benefit in being able to watch "paint dry" when you are already paying someone to do it for you anyway

There is no point in hiring a dog and then barking yourself.

From my service agreement:

16.    You may terminate this Service Agreement by giving Pinoy Australia Proprietary Limited seven days written notice. Notwithstanding anything else in this Service Agreement if you do this, Pinoy Australia Proprietary Limited will bill you for our retainer of $xxx and for the hours of work done or the services rendered up to the date your written termination notice is received by Pinoy Australia Proprietary Limited, plus disbursements, plus GST, if applicable.

17.    If we are informed that you have contacted relevant authorities directly, without us advising you to do so, or you decide to act on your own behalf we will cease to act in your case.

• Like 1

There is no point in hiring a dog and then barking yourself.
From my service agreement:
16.    You may terminate this Service Agreement by giving Pinoy Australia Proprietary Limited seven days written notice. Notwithstanding anything else in this Service Agreement if you do this, Pinoy Australia Proprietary Limited will bill you for our retainer of $xxx and for the hours of work done or the services rendered up to the date your written termination notice is received by Pinoy Australia Proprietary Limited, plus disbursements, plus GST, if applicable.
 17.    If we are informed that you have contacted relevant authorities directly, without us advising you to do so, or you decide to act on your own behalf we will cease to act in your case.

That's a bit harsh looks like I will have to wait. SA state there processing time for the 491 visa is 10 weeks. Is that for an invite?

Clause 2.8 from the (laughable) Code of Conduct:

A registered migration agent must:

(c) keep the client fully informed in writing of the progress of each case or application that the agent undertakes for the client; …

This is no mean feat, since the minister would not tell you the time of day if s/he owned a clock factory.