Hi,

I am living in Brisbane as PR with my wife and kids, for around 5 months. I am working as full-time permanent employee for the last 5 months. I am planning to apply for 12 month visitor visa for my parents. My parents never came to Australia, however then have been to USA for 3 times to see my elder brother. My parents are 72 years old. 

I have few questions regarding the application and will appreciate a response. 

1. Should I apply for Tourist Stream or Family Sponsored Stream? What have better options for 12 month visa grant?
  2. If apply tourist visa, How much funds will work, my father has term deposit and rental income?
  3. Basis of invitation to be mentioned in the letter or application? Any example or idea ??
  4. Do a invitation / cover letter is required?? What I should write in covering letter / invitation letter to make my case strong enough for 12 month stay visitor visa??
  5. Do I need to pay a bond??
  6. If insurance is required, shall I purchase it now or just attach a quote??

Waiting for advice.

Lots of your enquiries do not necessarily have a definite answer and a lot of it will depend on which country your parents are from, purpose of their visit and other personal circumstances.

Definitely you need a comprehensive invitation letter. Bond is requested by the Department if they choose but only for the Family Sponsored Stream. Health Insurance only required for the 5 year or 10 year temporary sponsored parent visa but the two visas you have mentioned.

On 09/10/2019 at 07:49, immigrant589 said:

Hi,

I am living in Brisbane as PR with my wife and kids, for around 5 months. I am working as full-time permanent employee for the last 5 months. I am planning to apply for 12 month visitor visa for my parents. My parents never came to Australia, however then have been to USA for 3 times to see my elder brother. My parents are 72 years old. 

I have few questions regarding the application and will appreciate a response. 

1. Should I apply for Tourist Stream or Family Sponsored Stream? What have better options for 12 month visa grant?
  2. If apply tourist visa, How much funds will work, my father has term deposit and rental income?
  3. Basis of invitation to be mentioned in the letter or application? Any example or idea ??
  4. Do a invitation / cover letter is required?? What I should write in covering letter / invitation letter to make my case strong enough for 12 month stay visitor visa??
  5. Do I need to pay a bond??
  6. If insurance is required, shall I purchase it now or just attach a quote??

Waiting for advice.

Hi,

I recently applied and obtained 600 Tourist Stream for my mother. Based on that experience, my comments are following (Please note it might differ for your circumstances as others have said here)

1. I applied for Tourist Stream, thinking that if that did not get approved then I will try Family Sponsored.
  2. My mother does not work and so I showed my finances (payslips and account statement in Australia)
  3. I attached a letter of invitation from my side, stating that I am inviting my mother to come and visit us temporarily and that she will go back to her home country at the end of the trip due to xyz reasons. It was a simple one pager.
  4. Yes, it is better to attach it. You should write as stated in above point.
  5. Not if you apply for Tourist Stream.
  6. Insurance is not required, but I recently bought health cover for my mother's upcoming 3 month visit (after the visa grant and when her travel dates were finalized). It cost me $420 for 3 months for a comprehensive cover that includes GP visits and 60% of pharmacy spend.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

• Like 1