resident return visa

lesley

Hi my travel facility on my resident return ran out 5 years ago i have substantial ties and compelling reasons for absence. Ive realised that processing times have gone up so my question is this can i apply for my RRV and then apply for visitor visa and visit while waiting.my son has just had a new baby and i would really like to visit as soon as possible

8 hours ago, fjm said:

I would double check with immigration as was under the impression that entering on a visitor visa would cancel the PR/RRV status?

No no no. You never ever under any circumstances take advice from immigration. The people you speak to are not case officers but untrained call centre staff. Hence, immigration have a legal indemnity for giving incorrect advice and say that you should have spoken to a registered migration agent. Paul above is one of the best registered migration agents. 

And no, entering on a visitor does not in this circumstance cancel a PR. 

• 2 weeks later...

my circumstances have now changed slightly im still planning on going to oz for holiday but will return to oz to live the following year .can i still travel on visitor visa come back to uk then apply for resident return when im ready to do so ..im so confused