You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

newjez

This is disgraceful

It is but it’s also 5 years out of date. The study was 2010-2014. Would be more interested in current figures.

58 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

It is but it’s also 5 years out of date. The study was 2010-2014. Would be more interested in current figures.

It's a 20 year study. Has some specific action been taken last few years?

Lived in Perth for 18 months. Pingponging back in Juli '15!

7 minutes ago, FOL said:

It's a 20 year study. Has some specific action been taken last few years?

Ah yes. I read the article quickly in the paper today. The 2010-2014 part showed improvements from the original 20 year study results. Still lagging behind even so. The government reckon stuff has been done more recently but not sure they are an unbiased opinion! There are definitely bottlenecks in the system. I think treatment has had investment like the proton beam radiation therapy but it’s diagnosis that seems to take a ridiculous amount of time and that is a major indicator in survival rates.

9 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

Ah yes. I read the article quickly in the paper today. The 2010-2014 part showed improvements from the original 20 year study results. Still lagging behind even so. The government reckon stuff has been done more recently but not sure they are an unbiased opinion! There are definitely bottlenecks in the system. I think treatment has had investment like the proton beam radiation therapy but it’s diagnosis that seems to take a ridiculous amount of time and that is a major indicator in survival rates.

declined since 2014, which isn't surprising.

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/resource/cancer-waiting-time-targets

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/11/nhs-trusts-missing-cancer-targets-waiting-times-soar/