482 employer transfer process time?

djianb

Hi

im on a 482 visa at present and wish to change employer (same job / duties)

does anyone know the current processing time for this? They are a able to sponsor me and have submitted the request to transfer sponsorship over.

thanks

From the Dept of Home Affairs website: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/temporary-skill-shortage-482

Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482)

Short-term stream

This visa enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in skilled workers where employers can't source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.
Stay

You can stay for up to 2 years or up to 4 years if an International Trade Obligation (ITO) applies.

Cost

From AUD1,265

Processing Time

• 75% of applications: 32 days
  • 90% of applications: 48 days

• 1 month later...
On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 09:56, djianb said:

Hi

does anyone know the current processing time for this? They are a able to sponsor me and have submitted the request to transfer sponsorship over.

thanks

Hi

Did you have any feedback from this? I am also changing my sponsor. My new employer said it will take 2-3 weeks. Kindly share what happened to yours.

On 05/08/2019 at 09:56, djianb said:

Hi

thanks

Transfers are usually processed quite quickly (1 yo 3 weeks).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Raul

I’m currently on a 457 visa and changing employers. My new employer lodged the nomination last Thursday and he told me it has been approved today (in 4 business days). I’ll resign tomorrow and comply with my two weeks notice with my current employer. Once it’s done, does anyone have to notify the Department that I have finished my obligations with my former employer? Or there is no need to do so and I can just start with my new employer after the notice and consider that the Department would be already up to date?

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I am on a 482 TSS visa  (Registered Nurse) . Last week I have resigned from my employer and I am shifting to a new employer who is willing to sponsor me and my tss 482 visa. My question is, how long does it take for an accredited sponsor to transfer my nomination for me to be able to work for them? Does anyone of you have the same experience? 

Last week my new prospective employer lodged the requirements for the transfer of the nomination. Any feedback or information would be greatly appreciated.