Licensing and Registration Requirements for Technical Cable Jointer

JT91

Hi,

Little bit about myself, I am a 28 year old Brit and a HV/LV cable jointer with 8 years experience. Having visited Australia for year on a WHV my girlfriend and I endeavoured to return permanently.  At the end of last year I applied for the Skilled Independent Visa 189 as a technical cable jointer and thankfully received my visa in early May!  We have booked our flights for the 29th of December 2019 and are extremely excited to start our lives in Australia.

When I get to Australia I want to be ready to apply for jobs as soon as possible but i'm having trouble finding out about licensing and/or registration for Technical Cable Jointers in Victoria.  I have sent many emails to various Distributors and to the ESI scheme but have received no helpful information back as yet.  Any information on what I need to do next to be ready to apply for jobs before or upon arrival would be greatly appreciated.  

As part of the visa application I completed a Migration Skills Assessment. Does this count as anything going forward or is it just part of the application process?

Thanks,

Jake.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi mate, in a similar situation myself. Just wondering if you needed the skilled test or was it just part of your visa? Also did you do your skill assessment with TRA? 

Any info you have would be great! 

8 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi mate, in a similar situation myself. Just wondering if you needed the skilled test or was it just part of your visa? Also did you do your skill assessment with TRA? 

The skills test is just for the visa. Employers in Australia aren't interested in it.