Son in Perth

Dhakka

Hi I’m new to this and I’m from England. Can someone help me. I am 52 professional skilled at my job as a painter decorator. I ran my own business for over 25 years.  My daughter is 25 and is skilled at her job as a bathroom consultant, working with tradesmen and public.  We are both wanting to move to Australia Perth as my son is now a PR. The visas for him to sponsor us are an extraordinary amount.  Are my daughter and I able to be sponsored for working out there and eventually be able to apply for PR. We would be so chuffed if someone could help

kindest regards

jane 

As Quoll says, there is no option for you to migrate in your own right. The age cut-off is 45.  

You are correct that the parents' visa is horrendously expensive.  There's no way around that.  It's expensive because the government is seeking to recover the money you're going to cost the Australian taxpayer in your old age.   Let's say you moved today - you'd be working and contributing tax for another 13 years.  But then you'd retire and you'd be eligible for the full Australian aged pension and full cover under Medicare (NHS equivalent) and other social security benefits for the rest of your life, and you could live till you're 90.  Obviously your 13 years of tax isn't going to pay for 25 years of pension/Medicare/aged care, especially as people generally need a lot more medications and procedures the older they get. Hence the high fee you're asked to pay upfront. 

Also be aware that even if you apply, there is a very long wait ahead of you.   Tens of thousands of parents apply every year, but only a few thousand visas are granted, so it takes a long time to get to the head of the queue.  You're probably looking at an eight year wait. 

If all that sounds harsh, bear in mind that if you were an Australian parent wanting to join your son in Britain, you'd be out of luck - there is no parent visa for an adult child.  Ditto New Zealand - they do have a parent visa but they've closed it to new applications.

As your daughter is 25 and working full-time, you won't be able to include her in your parent visa.  There is a "last remaining relative" visa but the wait time is even worse than the parent visa - it's currently 30 years.  Yes, thirty.  

Edited by Marisawright

• 1 month later...

As above mate. 

I have heard of ways & strategies around certain obstacles (such as the never-ending temporary visa (30 year processing time) for parents - not sure if it is still around ).  Your best bet is to find a good migration agent, give them as much info as possible and ask them what your options are.  Then you at least are pprobably inofrmed to make a decision.

No personal experience with the following but the 2  Perth based agents I regularly see recommended are Edwina King and Patricia Halley (Visas4u or something like that).

Good luck.

BTW Work is not exactly plentiful in Perth at the moment.