489 SA: Calculation of Hours Worked After Mat Leave etc

Green

Wondered if anyone could help me? I would like to know what my chances of success if I applied for a SA 489.  I’m a 44 year old allied health professional. Over a decade of experience, but last 3 years have been a mixture of 15 to 18 hours of permanent work mixed with ad hoc shifts for local hospital. I think this could add up to 20 hours if calculated over the 3 years to add up to 12 months work at 20 hours. If that makes sense to anyone. Currently I’ve worked 18 hours a week for 10 months and had a number of ad hoc weekend shifts so thinking I’ve got those hours to make up the 20 hours required. Anyway, my maths isn’t my strong suit and I don’t have longer to accrue 20 hours, so just wanted opinions. Many thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let anyone who has this query that having spoken to an agent, they told me that only the period of mat leave which was paid in full could be counted towards your work experience. And hours of work cannot be averaged, so I believe this means, you have to prove each and every work you were working at least 20 hours. Hope this is helpful to someone.

I've literally been documenting each hour worked every day.
I get paid per patient, which can, on occasion, be as little as 1 or 2 a day, but I was assured my hours in the role would still count (they are contracted).
I have a few weeks I can't really evidence, and a few just short of 20 hours which won't count. I've also deducted lunch breaks from all full days just to be on the safe side... I'm due my 104 weeks next March [emoji849]

I did a survey of the last 3 years and couldn't accrue 20 hours each week for a year (have 22 weeks lacking) so I have given up on SA option. Think if you have 20 hours contracted then that's different. I had 15 hours at one stage and now 18 hours and topping up with weekend shifts (ad hoc rather than each week). Thought I could total the hours worked, but that doesn't seem the case. Good luck with everything.

On 03/07/2019 at 05:32, Green said:

I did a survey of the last 3 years and couldn't accrue 20 hours each week for a year (have 22 weeks lacking) so I have given up on SA option. Think if you have 20 hours contracted then that's different. I had 15 hours at one stage and now 18 hours and topping up with weekend shifts (ad hoc rather than each week). Thought I could total the hours worked, but that doesn't seem the case. Good luck with everything.

I do think the difference is contracted - when we migrated, I got a statement from salaries which indicated my contracted hours, and how long i'd worked them.  This was enough evidence.