Visa cancellation while outside Australia

Joe99

Hey Guys!

I got a mate from the Netherlands, who's currently on his 2nd work & holiday visa. He now thinks it might get cancelled cause immigration found out about a mistake regarding his farm work.

He is in Europe at the moment and would like to fly back soon to spend the last few month he got left on it, but is not sure about the cancellation progress. We read different things about how the government doesn't have to contact you about a cancellation if you are outside of Australia, is that true? Doesn't he get any notification letter at all? And how long till the cancellation is through? 

Any help much appreciated, thanks

Joe

3 hours ago, Joe99 said:

Hey Guys!

I got a mate from the Netherlands, who's currently on his 2nd work & holiday visa. He now thinks it might get cancelled cause immigration found out about a mistake regarding his farm work.

He is in Europe at the moment and would like to fly back soon to spend the last few month he got left on it, but is not sure about the cancellation progress. We read different things about how the government doesn't have to contact you about a cancellation if you are outside of Australia, is that true? Doesn't he get any notification letter at all? And how long till the cancellation is through? 

Joe

Tell him to check VEVO on the immigration website, That will tell him whether his visa has been cancelled or not Alternatively turn up at the airport and he will just not be allowed to board his fight if it has been cancelled. 

21 hours ago, Joe99 said:

Hey Guys!

Joe

I would not be trying to sort this out on a forum. I suggest that your friend urgently consults an RMA who is expert in this complex field with the full facts.

On 18/06/2019 at 02:52, Joe99 said:

Hey Guys!

He is in Europe at the moment and would like to fly back soon to spend the last few month he got left on it

So, do you mean he claimed he'd done the farm work but he hadn't done enough days?  In that case, he never had a right to the second year anyway, and was lucky to get the extra months that he did get.   I think he just needs to accept that, rather than get a black mark against his name for trying to enter without a valid visa.

Edited by Marisawright

• 4 months later...