De Facto relationship, is my case consider as it is ??

NSW-QLD

Hi guys,

I'm quite very new here, let me explain my situation with the following points.

• I'm onshore in Australia with Temporary Graduate 485 Visa, graduate from MQ, currently working full-time in a company. My home country is somewhere in Southeast Asia
  • My girlfriend is an Australian Citizen, we know each other at MQ. However, for some circumstance, she needs to move to Brisbane, currently, she's a student at QUT.
  • That's mean she doesn't live together with me currently.
  • BUT I'm flying to Brisbane almost every weekend there. I'm trying to apply for a job in Brisbane but look like the possibility is very low as I don't have any PR and also, currently, I'm based in Sydney so mostly they don't call for an interview.
  • Also, I have a credit card account with one of the Big Four banks, I've opened supplementary card for her under my account as she is studying full-time and she doesn't have any income there. This is the way we share money together.
  • BUT no saving account together, no bills together under the same address.
  • If I quit my job, then going to Brisbane to live with my GF and finding a job there. This option quite taking a risk as many ones know, many Aussie professional organisations do not prefer kind of Temporary Resident visa with a full working right. Mostly they preferred citizen or PR.
  • In order to marry, we are not ready to marry. I'm just graduated and saving money for the wedding while my GF still studying. We just want to live together and we gonna marry after she graduated and secure some position.

So for the above case, does DHA consider this as De Facto partner ?? Don't live together but using the same credit card, as well, travel to Brisbane to see my GF every weekend. It might sound weird but this is how we manage to do this to keep our relationship.

We have evidence of these, I kept all Boarding Pass from Sydney to Brisbane. Also, we have a credit card statement there. 

I really want to move to Brisbane and live together and find a professional career there. But in order to quit my current job here in Sydney is quite taking risk.

Thanks, guys.

Wouldn't even consider it without a good agent. 

And get your lives combined as much as you can - wills in favour of each other, any insurance policies with each other as the beneficiary. Keep any proof of events you attend together, time you spend with mutual friends etc. Keep the proof that you are applying for jobs in Brisbane.  Think outside the box

• Like 1