Brisbane Oil & Gas Industry

Mad4daSun

Been lurking here the last few months as I was making my way through the 189 process. Finally applied last week and now lining up the police checks and medicals. Its been no easy feat so far. Looking forward to a grant since theyre sayin 6 month processing time now.

Anyway I’ve been sizing up the job situ in Brisbane as thats where my wife wants to go. I’m keen on there too because my background is in oil and gas engineering and apparently brisbane has a lot of that. However after doing quite a bit of research it seems like times are not great in the job market. Not a lot of energy jobs.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Any advice on how to get my foot in the door? Ive 7yrs exp in gas pipelines in canada. Cheers all and looking forward to contributing more here.

36 minutes ago, Mad4daSun said:

Been lurking here the last few months as I was making my way through the 189 process. Finally applied last week and now lining up the police checks and medicals. Its been no easy feat so far. Looking forward to a grant since theyre sayin 6 month processing time now.

Anyway I’ve been sizing up the job situ in Brisbane as thats where my wife wants to go. I’m keen on there too because my background is in oil and gas engineering and apparently brisbane has a lot of that. However after doing quite a bit of research it seems like times are not great in the job market. Not a lot of energy jobs.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Any advice on how to get my foot in the door? Ive 7yrs exp in gas pipelines in canada. Cheers all and looking forward to contributing more here.

There are many more energy jobs in Perth and the North Territories - Brisbane has had its glory days in the energy markets already. All the majors are now over in the west

• Like 1

7 years experience in what discipline? 

There are more jobs in Perth but knowing someone already in the industry helps.

Woodside, BHP, Rio Tinto, Inpex would be some of the bigger employers. A lot of the work is offshore or FIFO though. On the good side the money is good.