Australian Citizen returning

Gembob

I’m hoping someone maybe able to help me. I’m already an Australian citizen with an Australian passport, however we returned to the UK in 2016, but in a few days I am returning for a holiday to see my sister, but my Aussie passport is in my maiden name as is my citizenship, my flight is booked in my married name the same as my UK passport, so do I need to apply for a holiday visa for my UK passport? Thank you 

If you have time get a new Australian passport, if not speak the the airline and explain. Take your marriage certificate and both passports. Arrive early to give them time to verify your status. Oh and expect a lecture from immigration if they feel like pressing the point!

Australia, unlike the UK insists citizens travel on their Australian passport. Airlines will not fly people without a visa or valid passport as they are fined and made to return people who cannot pass customs. 

You should not be refused entry but an airline can refuse to fly you. 

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Also I don’t think you are supposed to hold passports in two names.

I don't know of any rule that says that?  I've been in that situation in the past and never had a problem.

@Gembob, take your birth certificate, marriage certificate and both passports.  

Thank fir your replies. No I don’t have time to get a new Australian psssport as I am due to fly on Wednesday. I will call Qatar tomorrow and if no luck I will call immigration in Australia on Monday. I tried the high commission here in London, but they don’t take calls about any visa related questions. 

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I don't know of any rule that says that?  I've been in that situation in the past and never had a problem.

@Gembob, take your birth certificate, marriage certificate and both passports.  

We are about to apply for a British passport for my wife, and they won’t issue it in her married name, as her AU passport is in her maiden name.  We now have to get her WA name changed, get a new AU passport and apply with that.  More faffing.