grouping together identity docs for 309/100 visa

Kian

Hello, 

I 'm in the process of gathering all my documents and grouping/converting stuff into PDF'S for my 309/100 visa, but I'm wondering if we will need to upload identity documents as completely separate PDF's, or if they can be grouped together? Does the drop-down menu on the immi website make it impossible to group together identity docs? 

Also, as a side note, what is the minimum for identity documents that the applicant and the sponsor need to upload? 

Thanks,

Kian

Hi @Kian- we uploaded the following:

Applicant: UK birth certificate, UK passport, UK driver's license 

Sponsor: Aus certificate of citizenship, Australian driver's license, Australian passport and UK biometric permit (as evidence that sponsor currently has a UK partner visa from the applicant).

We then had a RFI for the sponsor birth certificate from a foreign country- we didn't think that would be required but apparently it was! So I recommend uploading that too if you weren't born in Australia (or even if you were!)

• Like 1

On 08/04/2019 at 07:46, KitCat said:

Hi @Kian- we uploaded the following:

Applicant: UK birth certificate, UK passport, UK driver's license 

Sponsor: Aus certificate of citizenship, Australian driver's license, Australian passport and UK biometric permit (as evidence that sponsor currently has a UK partner visa from the applicant).

We then had a RFI for the sponsor birth certificate from a foreign country- we didn't think that would be required but apparently it was! So I recommend uploading that too if you weren't born in Australia (or even if you were!)

Hi,

Can you please explain where you mention the UK biometric permit and what is it/who has to apply? Also what is RFI, what does your comment mean? I was born in Australia and not heard of RFI or the biometric permit?

Thank you.

My o/h and I have been uploading lots of evidence in the form of photos, identity documents and so on.  We have created a folder in documents and it has many files within it, which are all named. Should the identity documents be in a separate folder?

When o/h is ready to submit the application,  does all the evidence have to be submitted after or can evidence be submitted throughout the process of completing the application?

Will submitting the folder/folders in documents to the application be all that is needed? ( when the case officer looks at the folder will it show all the named files in it? Or is that not how its done?? Also dont know how to upload docs to PDF and what should be done as PDF? 

Im very nervous of submitting the application and not uploading the evidence correctly in fear of it being refused!!

Can anyone please advise me as close to submitting now and cannot get this wrong!!

Thanks so much. Xx

Hi @Aussiebird- my partner is British and I am Australian. We originally met while I was on a work visa in the UK, but after we were married, I switched to a UK partner visa. The biometric residence permit is my evidence of ability to stay in the UK- it's a card stating I'm on a spouse visa, have work rights, etc. I uploaded it as I felt it was evidence of our relationship.

RFI means request for information- some people have had their visas straight away, while I and some others have had a RFI. In my case, they asked for my foreign birth certificate.

1 hour ago, KitCat said:

Hi @Aussiebird- my partner is British and I am Australian. We originally met while I was on a work visa in the UK, but after we were married, I switched to a UK partner visa. The biometric residence permit is my evidence of ability to stay in the UK- it's a card stating I'm on a spouse visa, have work rights, etc. I uploaded it as I felt it was evidence of our relationship.

RFI means request for information- some people have had their visas straight away, while I and some others have had a RFI. In my case, they asked for my foreign birth certificate.

Thank you for your reply. X

On 03/04/2019 at 02:07, Kian said:
Hello, 

I 'm in the process of gathering all my documents and grouping/converting stuff into PDF'S for my 309/100 visa, but I'm wondering if we will need to upload identity documents as completely separate PDF's, or if they can be grouped together? Does the drop-down menu on the immi website make it impossible to group together identity docs? 

Also, as a side note, what is the minimum for identity documents that the applicant and the sponsor need to upload? 

Thanks,

Kian

How many documents, photos etc have you got to upload?

Hi @Aussiebird, you need to group together documents based on the key questions that you answer in the relationship statement. Social Aspects, financial aspects, couple's commitment, how the relationship developed, and the nature of the household. You probably want to have one or possibly two pdf's for each of those key questions, and make sure that the evidence ties in with your statement. You only have 60 available slots on the immi system I think, so you need to be strict about grouping stuff together in a logical way.

You could perhaps have one or two social aspects pdf's for example. one for the applicants side of the application, and one for the sponsor. It is best to put the bulk of the evidence in the applicants side of the application, so that you are not using all your allocated slots up too quickly.  identity docs need to be uploaded as separate files. It's a good idea to make sure you save files in a way that corresponds with the evidence labels on the immi website. You can find them here.     

You need to convert and combine all your docs into pdfs, and adobe would be best for this. Each file can only be 5 meg in size so if you don't convert them to pdf's and then shrink them you run the risk of your files being too big. It's fairly straightforward to use.

Kian

51 minutes ago, Kian said:

Hi @Aussiebird, you need to group together documents based on the key questions that you answer in the relationship statement. Social Aspects, financial aspects, couple's commitment, how the relationship developed, and the nature of the household. You probably want to have one or possibly two pdf's for each of those key questions, and make sure that the evidence ties in with your statement. You only have 60 available slots on the immi system I think, so you need to be strict about grouping stuff together in a logical way.

You could perhaps have one or two social aspects pdf's for example. one for the applicants side of the application, and one for the sponsor. It is best to put the bulk of the evidence in the applicants side of the application, so that you are not using all your allocated slots up too quickly.  identity docs need to be uploaded as separate files. It's a good idea to make sure you save files in a way that corresponds with the evidence labels on the immi website. You can find them here.     

You need to convert and combine all your docs into pdfs, and adobe would be best for this. Each file can only be 5 meg in size so if you don't convert them to pdf's and then shrink them you run the risk of your files being too big. It's fairly straightforward to use.

Kian

Thank you for your reply. It sounds easy to anyone who is confident with the skills to do this, but I haven't and have no one to physically show me.  I am at my wits end as I wouldn't know or understand how to structure everything, merge things etc.....there is nothing on the website that shows pictures of how to do all this, not everyone is good with computers!! I dont have Word either but understand i need this to convert documents to pdf?If it was still a paper form, would not have a problem.  I don't know if I should actually risk spending a lot of money for this visa and it gets refused.

Edited by Aussiebird

2 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Thank you for your reply. It sounds easy to anyone who is confident with the skills to do this, but I haven't and have no one to physically show me.  I am at my wits end as I wouldn't know or understand how to structure everything, merge things etc.....there is nothing on the website that shows pictures of how to do all this, not everyone is good with computers!! I dont have Word either but understand i need this to convert documents to pdf?If it was still a paper form, would not have a problem.  I don't know if I should actually risk spending a lot of money for this visa and it gets refused.

Do you have access to a scanner/printer? You just scan several documents one after another, so that they effectively form one large document - for instance, all your financial info. If you don't have access or still don't understand, ask your friends. Someone will have access to a scanner and will know how to scan several documents into one, its a basic office task. 

12 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Do you have access to a scanner/printer? You just scan several documents one after another, so that they effectively form one large document - for instance, all your financial info. If you don't have access or still don't understand, ask your friends. Someone will have access to a scanner and will know how to scan several documents into one, its a basic office task. 

Hi and thank you for your reply. 

What I have done so far is create 1 document for the identity things like Birth, Marriage, Passport. Because I don't have a scanner or help, I placed the document on a table and took a photo from my mobile. I then uploaded these and created a folder. I did the same for all other evidence such as invoices, bills, photos etc etc....they are in another document. Some things I did a screen shot of.  

So everything that is in 1 document-are they called files? Is this correct?

In one document, I think there are about 60 images of described as above. 

I have not made a document for forms 888 or our personal statements yet as still trying to get my head around the way the documents are created.

I hope so far I am correct??

On 19/04/2019 at 14:27, Kian said:

Kian

Hi Kian,

Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying that any identity documents for the sponsor are uploaded with the visa application after the application has been submitted? Im under the impression the sponsor documents were uploaded with the sponsor application?

Im trying to understand what you have explained. Are the pdfs uploaded individually after the application has been submitted?

Ive been trying to look for images on the internet that shows what someone might have done, but can't find anything!

Kind regards. 

Hi there, 

As far as I am aware the sponsor documents and the applicant documents are uploaded after you pay the fee for the visa. 

You complete the 47SP  (applicant form) and the 40SP (Sponsor form) through your immi account. You create the 47sp form

first and then you can press 'new application' and create the sponsor document, which will appear in your immi account.

Once both forms are complete and the fee is paid, you can begin uploading your evidence.  All PDF's are uploaded after you have paid 

the fee for the application. You can start uploading your docs through a series of drop down menus. 

However, they are about to change the process of how it all works, meaning your sponsor will need to apply to be a sponsor first. 

If they are accepted, then you will be able to apply for your visa, which delay the whole process. It's likely to kick in anytime 

soon. 

On 19/04/2019 at 14:27, Kian said:

Kian

Hi Kian, 

Thank you for your message. I have managed to get scanner working and have scanned lots of documents...

What I have done is saved each scanned document as a pdf.  So now I have in documents loads of individual pdfs.  When I open each pdf,  the image is big.

If I create a new folder and drag the relevant pdfs into that folder, is that how it's done? I have been shown how to click on "properties" to see the image size. 

I have done an example new folder and dragged several pdfs into it but the file size says it's 9.89MB (it has 7 files in it).

I'm really stressed out now as this is getting really confusing!!

Are you able to advise please? 

Thank you. 

If you hover over the folder with your mouse, right click the folder, press properties, then advanced and choose compress contents that will shrink the folder

size. I don't know if doing it that way will take it to less than 5 megabytes though. For this purpose, it really is worth investing in something like Adobe pro if

you can because it makes the task of combining different pdf's into one file much easier. I am not great with computers but after taking the time to play around

with Adobe for a couple of hours, I found it a very useful tool for combining evidence. There are lots of tutorials online. You don't want tonnes of Pdf's. The

less you have the better. It is also a good idea to download and read the partner visa booklet from the immi website as although it is a bit out of date it is still useful.