AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

6 minutes ago, Chris N Lora said:

we are, but we leave in April so my wife decided to.

Excellent, Always good to get it just in case something happens in the future and you want to come back. Hopefully the dates etc work out for you. Seen a few poor people on here wait 12 months AFTER their tests. Where about in the UK have you accepted the Job?

With Brexit happening etc I think the next few years in specialized jobs will be very well paid in the UK.

3 minutes ago, Tecnik said:

Excellent, Always good to get it just in case something happens in the future and you want to come back. Hopefully the dates etc work out for you. Seen a few poor people on here wait 12 months AFTER their tests. Where about in the UK have you accepted the Job?

With Brexit happening etc I think the next few years in specialized jobs will be very well paid in the UK.

yup, that is her attitude. I am going to be moving back to the Southeast, I have a role with the National Crime Agency. It is supposed to start in April time ... so I will hope to delay our return.

Had my citizenship ceremony last night. End of a long road and a very proud moment. Told my Mrs no more visa, police checks, citizenship, statements, forms to fill in now to which she replied you have to fill in forms and apply for your passport now haha. good luck to all still waiting, it comes eventually. Took me 17 months in total from application

19 minutes ago, Rorz said:

Had my citizenship ceremony last night. End of a long road and a very proud moment. Told my Mrs no more visa, police checks, citizenship, statements, forms to fill in now to which she replied you have to fill in forms and apply for your passport now haha. good luck to all still waiting, it comes eventually. Took me 17 months in total from application

Congrats @Rorz. The wait is finally over. And when you finally have your passport, entering and leaving the Airport is just a breeze. 🙂

39 minutes ago, kirsty160990 said:

current processing times updated 21/11/2018 😞

Capture.JPG

We waited 11 months to get a test, we do it in December, however, it is disgusting the time periods people are waiting.  I think it is reasonable to wait for Police checks verification etc. but some checks are silly, they have the passport details and know exactly when you leave and enter the country. Sadly immigration is a cash cow for all countries. All we can do is suck it up and wait. but every month it goes up. 

Had citizenship test in Brisbane today. Short interview and ID checking and computer testing. Approval granted whilst I sat there post-test and immi account updated itself immediately from RECEIVED to APPROVED. I was advised that the official letter will be posted to my home address within 4 weeks. The process then goes to Brisbane City Council for actual ceremony date. I was advised this will take 3-6 months. That would make my end-to-end citizenship application process ca. 18 months. Trust this assists others. Thx.

application: citizenship by conferral | type: online | applicant/s: 1 | city: brisbane | submitted: 19NOV2017 | acknowledged: 19NOV2017 | status: received | further info required: no | test email: 10NOV2018 | test date: 23NOV2018 | test approval: 23NOV18 | ceremony email from council: pending | ceremony date: pending

• Like 1

Just thought I’d share my timeline for the good folks on this forum:

Date Applied: 10/02/18

City/Council Area: Mosman, NSW

Online/Paper: Paper

Date received the acknowledgement email: 14/02/18

Date of Citizenship Test: 17/12/2018

Date of Approval: TBC

Date of Ceremony: TBC

Good luck to everyone still waiting 🙂

On 03/12/2018 at 11:03, grumpy88 said:

You gave your test one year after receiving the email inviting you for a test? 

Sorry, I messed up the year. 

Test date Email: 09.Nov.2018

On 03/12/2018 at 11:03, grumpy88 said:

You gave your test one year after receiving the email inviting you for a test?