last remaining relative visa...advise needed

Jasyl

Good day to you all,

My husband and I are about to apply for last remaining relative visa.

My husband's sister  who is his only sibling emigrated to Tasmania in 1998 and is now a citizen.  My husbands parents then emigrated to Tasmania to be with their daughter in 2002 and are now residents leaving my husband and I in the UK.

Which of us would be more suitable to submit the visa , his sister as she is a citizen or my husband as we are the ones wanting to be with the family in Tasmania.

Any advise would be gratefully received.

Yes we did see that it takes up to 50 years,  but we're both over 45 so the skilled visa doesn't apply and cant see any other option.  We are hoping that as its Tasmania and not the main land we may get in before we reach a hundred.

Just a thought do you have any remaining relatives outside of Australia?  The criteria apply to both your husband and you. So if you have any children, parents, or siblings outside Australia you will not qualify. 

As far as applying if you do qualify then your husband applies and his sister sponsors him, so both will have papaerwork to complete. 

The details are here.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/remaining-relative-115

• Like 2

I have children from a previous marriage who are adults. I didn't realise this would be a problem as ita my husband and family who are claiming him as last remaining relative.  So we may have to look at other alternatives, if there are any that is. 

37 minutes ago, Jasyl said:

I have children from a previous marriage who are adults. I didn't realise this would be a problem as ita my husband and family who are claiming him as last remaining relative.  So we may have to look at other alternatives, if there are any that is. 

You definitely won’t be able to get that visa then, it has to be both of you.  Sad that your dream seems shattered but at least you know now rather than do the application and make plans only to find out later down the road.