EOI for 189 and 190

jdiane

Hi All,

I am just about to put up my EOI for independent skilled. I was wondering if anyone can help out. 

1. I'm applying for 189 and 190 (NSW), do I have to put out two separate EOIs. for each? 

2. How many EOIs are we allowed to submit and is it wise to do a few? 

3. In the case for NSW, do I have to go to the state website to apply as well? Or is the EOI enough?

I'm applying as chef with 70 points, I was hoping for a 189 invite but I guess these days competition is really hard. Im aiming for NSW but are there other states taking in Chefs for 190?

Thanks! 

1. Yes, two separate eoi's 

2. Technically no limit

3. Yes, it is important. Have you checked if NSW are even sponsoring the occupation? Or any special conditions that they are applying?

There is a risk in applying for multiple states as every state wants you to be totally committed to that state. If the state's realise you have applied to another, then none will sponsor. 

39 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

2. Technically no limit

3. Yes, it is important. Have you checked if NSW are even sponsoring the occupation? Or any special conditions that they are applying?

There is a risk in applying for multiple states as every state wants you to be totally committed to that state. If the state's realise you have applied to another, then none will sponsor. 

Thanks for the response. So in doing two EOIs I don't check for both 189 and 190 then? Because at the beginning of the application I can check both for one EOI?

On 22/03/2019 at 10:55, jdiane said:

Hi All,

I am just about to put up my EOI for independent skilled. I was wondering if anyone can help out. 

1. I'm applying for 189 and 190 (NSW), do I have to put out two separate EOIs. for each? 

2. How many EOIs are we allowed to submit and is it wise to do a few? 

3. In the case for NSW, do I have to go to the state website to apply as well? Or is the EOI enough?

I'm applying as chef with 70 points, I was hoping for a 189 invite but I guess these days competition is really hard. Im aiming for NSW but are there other states taking in Chefs for 190?

Thanks! 

You don't need to apply on NSW website, just lodge an EOI with NSW as preferred state. If you have 5 years of experience than i will suggest apply for Victoria https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/migrate/skilled-migration-visas/skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190. You will get an invitation in 2-3 weeks. For Victoria lodge a new EOI  Victoria as preferred state and then lodge your application on above website

On 23/03/2019 at 09:29, garrychandi said:

You don't need to apply on NSW website, just lodge an EOI with NSW as preferred state. If you have 5 years of experience than i will suggest apply for Victoria https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/migrate/skilled-migration-visas/skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190. You will get an invitation in 2-3 weeks. For Victoria lodge a new EOI  Victoria as preferred state and then lodge your application on above website

I don't have that much experience because I finished my qualification here. That's why I was leaning towards NSW. I do hope I get an invite before my current visa expires.

On 22/03/2019 at 16:03, VERYSTORMY said:

2. Technically no limit

Yes, 2: https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/how-many-eois-can-i-submit

I thought this was a grey area in having EOIs for different states. Although there are users who have stated they have multiple EOIs for different states and still received state sponsorship invitations. 

States should really have the question "Have you expressed interest into any other state" and be able to search for EOIs by passport number and name to confirm. As opposed to the current question "Have you applied to any other state" which some states have in their application questions.

Personally, I only have one EOI for the state that I want to go to.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed external site reference.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/03/2019 at 00:16, jdiane said:

I don't have that much experience because I finished my qualification here. That's why I was leaning towards NSW. I do hope I get an invite before my current visa expires.

How are things now? Have you been able to score an invitation for one of the sub-classes?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2019 at 05:44, jdiane said:

Thanks for the response. So in doing two EOIs I don't check for both 189 and 190 then? Because at the beginning of the application I can check both for one EOI?

Hi jdiane,

Not sure it makes a difference, I acutally set up two completely separate EOIs myself (not checking both through same login), and got invites for both 189 and 190 against the individual EOIs within 2-weeks of one another. I would expect that if you checked both boxes through a single login, it just means you don't need to fill out all your information twice and you only have to deal with one login, i'm not 100% that there wouldn't be any other differences though.

J

17 hours ago, JimmyS said:

Hi jdiane,

Not sure it makes a difference, I acutally set up two completely separate EOIs myself (not checking both through same login), and got invites for both 189 and 190 against the individual EOIs within 2-weeks of one another. I would expect that if you checked both boxes through a single login, it just means you don't need to fill out all your information twice and you only have to deal with one login, i'm not 100% that there wouldn't be any other differences though.

J

Thanks, I was contemplating on doing a separate EOI for 189. Whichever comes first anyway.