A Question for all the unhappy people in Oz

tracy123

Guest barab

Did you have anyone try to persuade you not to move to Australia?

Yes some of my mates did,i thought i knew better,i should have listened.

Did you have anyone tell you about any bad points about Australia? if so what?

No,the opposite actually,my mate out here painted the rosiest picture of this place.I thought i was coming to some laid back paradise where you eat prawns all day at work and drink beer at night watching the sunset.... Of course i will be burning his house down before i leave!

How long did it take for you not to like Australia? and why?

About 3 months,tried and tried to get into the Aussie way,sense of humour,work ethic,food,clothes,shops,extreme weather and bugs,but i just thought it was too much trouble and we missed family too much and couldn't bear to watch my parents crying on Skype every week.

It's not for us but a lot of people settle here and love it,so good on them for what they have done.Hope they all continue to be happy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest taffy 62
Did you have anyone try to persuade you not to move to Australia?

Yes some of my mates did,i thought i knew better,i should have listened.

Did you have anyone tell you about any bad points about Australia? if so what?

No,the opposite actually,my mate out here painted the rosiest picture of this place.I thought i was coming to some laid back paradise where you eat prawns all day at work and drink beer at night watching the sunset.... Of course i will be burning his house down before i leave!

How long did it take for you not to like Australia? and why?

About 3 months,tried and tried to get into the Aussie way,sense of humour,work ethic,food,clothes,shops,extreme weather and bugs,but i just thought it was too much trouble and we missed family too much and couldn't bear to watch my parents crying on Skype every week.

It's not for us but a lot of people settle here and love it,so good on them for what they have done.Hope they all continue to be happy.

Same here i miss my folks and friends in victoria.

I noticed that you were in brisbane too it seems theres a lot of people who have gone back or are not happy all seem to be in brisbane!!!

I feel like screaming get me out of here lol:arghh::arghh:

Same here i miss my folks and friends in victoria.

I noticed that you were in brisbane too it seems theres a lot of people who have gone back or are not happy all seem to be in brisbane!!!

I feel like screaming get me out of here lol:arghh::arghh:

I've said it once and will say it again Queensland/Bisbane is a great place for a holiday but to live???? Each to their own, i guess

Geoffrey

Archived