Uk to Aus Visa Questions!!!

SophieLuke1

Hi everyone,

We're looking at submitting our visa application in June (I'm British and Luke's Australian) when we've been together a year, I've read a lot about what needs to be included and how it needs to be uploaded but I was wondering if anyone can just shed a bit more light on it for us?!

I'm so worried we're not going to have enough information or proof that they'll find acceptable. We have a lot of bank statements showing transactions we've made in the same places from last year, photos together, a few hotel confirmations but they don't have both our names on them? We hadn't thought about visa's so much, so didn't realise how much they scrutinise and just haven't kept a lot of stuff !!!! 

We now have a joint bank account, and pay rent together etc so that's something. I'm just having such anxiety !

Does anyone have any helpful tips or ANYTHING that will help the process go smoothly.

Thank you!

Sophie and Luke xx

Hello we’re in the same boat! My partner is Australian.

I have consulted an agent and researched a lot.. basically the main requirement of de facto is living together for one year and that’s just a starting point! - with few exceptions (a baby etc).

We starting dating in August 2017, I asked her out in December 2017 and been together ever since. Opened joint account and moved in together in July 2018. We are wanting to just apply now but we are having to wait until we have paid 12 months of rent out of our joint account together to give us the best chance of being accepted. We have all the usual stuff such as holidays together, savings account, pictures etc.

The other alternative is to apply for the prospective marriage visa ?

5 hours ago, SophieLuke1 said:

Hi everyone,

We're looking at submitting our visa application in June (I'm British and Luke's Australian) when we've been together a year, I've read a lot about what needs to be included and how it needs to be uploaded but I was wondering if anyone can just shed a bit more light on it for us?!

I'm so worried we're not going to have enough information or proof that they'll find acceptable. We have a lot of bank statements showing transactions we've made in the same places from last year, photos together, a few hotel confirmations but they don't have both our names on them? We hadn't thought about visa's so much, so didn't realise how much they scrutinise and just haven't kept a lot of stuff !!!! 

We now have a joint bank account, and pay rent together etc so that's something. I'm just having such anxiety !

Does anyone have any helpful tips or ANYTHING that will help the process go smoothly.

Thank you!

Sophie and Luke xx

If you are not married, you will need to evidence at least 12 month of co habitation to meet de facto requirements.

Beyond that you will need to provide evidence to show that you are in a genuine and ongoing relationship with regard the the shared financial, domestic and social aspects.

5 hours ago, SophieLuke1 said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Sophie and Luke xx

Have a look online at crux migration or MCA. It gives examples and detailed information regarding what you are asking about. If you do not get much response on here then hopefully this will help. 

I have been posting messages but no replies from anyone regarding visa information, so feeling quite deflated at the moment. Not everyone can afford to pay for an agent on top of the cost of visas so it can get quite stressful.

Good luck with your application and hopefully someone can post more information for you. 

Xx

9 hours ago, SophieLuke1 said:

We're looking at submitting our visa application in June (I'm British and Luke's Australian) when we've been together a year,

When you say you've "been together" for a year, do you mean "in a fully committed relationship equivalent to marriage"?  Because that's what de facto is.  You can't count any period of time when you were just dating.  You don't have to have lived together for the whole 12 months - but if you didn't, you must have a very strong reason why you couldn't (e.g. working in different cities).   

This article is the most useful one I've found.  There's more information in the links at the end:

https://halftheclothes.com/travel-tips/australian-partner-visa-application-tips/

Edited by Marisawright