457 to 482

Kewal

Hi there

Can someone help me about my visa situation please. 

I am in Australia on 457 visa but I was in my country when my visa  approved. So I came three weeks late after approval. I got only two year visa according to new rules but my file was logged before the changes, instead of 4 years I got only two years visa. Now I have to apply for 482 visa, but my occupation is in short term list and it is not in PR list. My plan is to apply for 186 visa. My lawyer said to me if I apply for 482 visa then after completing three weeks of short time I will be eligible to apply for 186 visa, and same 457 rules apply on me. No effect on me. 

Can you help me if it is true and I am going on right path. 

Please reply 

Thanks in advance 

Regards 

Kewal 

On 16/02/2019 at 09:19, Kewal said:

Hi there

Can someone help me about my visa situation please. 

I am in Australia on 457 visa but I was in my country when my visa  approved. So I came three weeks late after approval. I got only two year visa according to new rules but my file was logged before the changes, instead of 4 years I got only two years visa. Now I have to apply for 482 visa, but my occupation is in short term list and it is not in PR list. My plan is to apply for 186 visa. My lawyer said to me if I apply for 482 visa then after completing three weeks of short time I will be eligible to apply for 186 visa, and same 457 rules apply on me. No effect on me. 

Can you help me if it is true and I am going on right path. 

Please reply 

Thanks in advance 

Regards 

Kewal 

There is not enough information in your post to give you a definitive answer. 

Depending on your occupation and the date you applied for the subclass 457 visa, the PR pathway above is plausible.