Moving Back to UK and taking Aussie dog ?

bevhal

We're using JetPets. $5.5k for 2 dogs, 1 medium, 1 small. We are travelling to Manchester via Dubai and there is a recommended blackout period for the Dubai summer, May to October. So far, they have had rabies jabs (that's all they need for Manchester) and we've had the crates delivered so they can get used to them. We are just waiting to confirm flight dates. All fairly painless although, for some reason, I think the requirements can change dependent on UK airport e.g. Heathrow requirements are slightly different from Manchester.

17 hours ago, s713 said:

We are travelling to Manchester via Dubai and there is a recommended blackout period for the Dubai summer, May to October.

Our dog travelled in July. Not one company that we contacted (including Jetpets) mentioned this to us. A bit of heat would be welcome after hours in a plane hold surely lol. 

Rabies and a health check was all that was needed for our dog. Cost about $3,500 for a small dog. 

Ours took about 48 hours to get to London as there is a required time for a rest stop. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tricky said:

Our dog travelled in July. Not one company that we contacted (including Jetpets) mentioned this to us. A bit of heat would be welcome after hours in a plane hold surely lol. 

Rabies and a health check was all that was needed for our dog. Cost about $3,500 for a small dog. 

Ours took about 48 hours to get to London as there is a required time for a rest stop. 

Odd. They recommended our shih-tzu not travel during those months and, if we do decide to take her then, we have to sign a waiver saying it was our decision.

I took my mini foxie back to the UK from Adelaide. They fly to melbourne first, then stop somewhere else half way, then onto heathrow. they are then in heathrow a few hours before you can collect them. 

I think they get checked out by a Vet in melbourne and london. 

They do not leave their cages once leaving Australia. They recommend no food for a certain period before their journey. You are allowed to pack a favourite blanket and toys and an item of your clothing etc. 

I'm sure it's not very nice. Mine is a super nervous dog and took a few days to recover. I used Jet Pets from Adelaide and they were good. 

• Thanks 1

On 02/02/2019 at 05:18, Tricky said:

Can I ask who you used please ..thank you

47 minutes ago, bevhal said:

Can I ask who you used please ..thank you

We used a company called Animal Travel in Adelaide (that's where we lived) who are a small company and were excellent. Came round to meet our dog first and we dealt with the same person the whole time. 

I shipped my two miniature poodles from Adelaide to Heathrow beginning of August 2017.  My vet in Lewiston, put me in touch with a fabulous guy Ian Liddle of Animal Travel, his quote was competitive.  I felt we received a more personal service and nothing was too much trouble.  My dogs journey was a breeze, they overnighted in Dubai and then flew next day to Heathrow and arrived late evening, cleared customs and vet check and had a night in the kennels at the ARC and were ready for pick up the next morning.  They were totally unfazed by their experience.  Let me know if you want any further details.

23 hours ago, Redtop1 said:

I shipped my two miniature poodles from Adelaide to Heathrow beginning of August 2017.  My vet in Lewiston, put me in touch with a fabulous guy Ian Liddle of Animal Travel, his quote was competitive.  I felt we received a more personal service and nothing was too much trouble.  My dogs journey was a breeze, they overnighted in Dubai and then flew next day to Heathrow and arrived late evening, cleared customs and vet check and had a night in the kennels at the ARC and were ready for pick up the next morning.  They were totally unfazed by their experience.  Let me know if you want any further details.

Thank you for that.. good to know..I have emailed Animal Transport and they have sent info through .. although we are traveling to Manchester .. also with Qatar.. and he was Happy to arrange ..thank u for your help 🙂

On 09/02/2019 at 21:39, bevhal said:

Thank you for that.. good to know..I have emailed Animal Transport and they have sent info through .. although we are traveling to Manchester .. also with Qatar.. and he was Happy to arrange ..thank u for your help 🙂

If you are flying into Manchester and need a dog friendly  overnight stay I can recommend The Britannia Country House Hotel about 5 minutes from the airport😊