EOI 190 NSW Nurse

KSH81

I have an agent who submitted our EOI on the 13th October 2018 and we are still waiting for an invite. I’m a critical care nurse with 65 points. My agent said this is the longest he has waited for an invite. I’m getting so disheartened, and worrying that we’re not going to get there. Anyone in a similar position, or have received invites?

thanks in advance. 

Edited by KSH81

On 15/01/2019 at 08:57, KSH81 said:

Really for 190?. I though if you had 65, you would get an invite as you meet the criteria. 😞

No.  Most visas are a competition.   You need a minimum number of points to be eligible, but that doesn't mean you win the competition. 

People with more points will be picked before you.  New applications are constantly being received and if they have higher points than you, you'll be ignored.  

Ask your agent about going for the 489 instead, or see if there's any way you  can increase your points.

Edited by Marisawright

• 1 month later...
On 19/01/2019 at 04:43, Marisawright said:

No.  Most visas are a competition.   You need a minimum number of points to be eligible, but that doesn't mean you win the competition. 

People with more points will be picked before you.  New applications are constantly being received and if they have higher points than you, you'll be ignored.  

Ask your agent about going for the 489 instead, or see if there's any way you  can increase your points.

Hi, my agent applied an EOI to Southern Inland for 489 with 65 points on 19th Feb 2019 and by 22nd informed me that they cannot process the same as SI wants 2 years OSE. But on 5th March I received my preinvite to lodge a full application.

I was completely in shock. So I guess we can never understand how it works. Points system works for some.

I just shared this so it gives some hope to all of us.

• 2 months later...
On 14/01/2019 at 13:52, KSH81 said:

I have an agent who submitted our EOI on the 13th October 2018 and we are still waiting for an invite. I’m a critical care nurse with 65 points. My agent said this is the longest he has waited for an invite. I’m getting so disheartened, and worrying that we’re not going to get there. Anyone in a similar position, or have received invites?

thanks in advance. 

Hello,,

Just read your post. Congrats on getting an invite. I am also a registered nurse and want to apply  for 190 visa with 65 points or 489 with 70 for NSW.. I know the wait going to be long, but it's worth trying... Just trying to find a good immigration agent at the moment....

Good luck.

Kate

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone, I just need to know that I have lodged my EOI for 190 since April, 2019 & I got 85 points in total & currently living in regional VIC. Any idea how long it might take or is it mandatory to start living & working in NSW to get an expression of interest??? Any suggestions/ advice would be much appreciated. Thanks