309/100 - 600 Tourist Visa

Waitingaround

I realise there is a lot of info on here in reference to getting a Tourist Visa (e600/600)(3/6/12 Months) but thought i'd make a thread soley for it and any experience.

So let me ask the question on everyone's mind and see what stories and experience we get.........

Should/could/can we apply for a Tourist visa subclass 600 whilst awaiting the decision on the 309 temporary part of the partner visa???

This is the one thing that's has worried me. I am a dual citizen Aus and UK.  I have three British children who I have adopted they aren't entitled to citizenship by descent like birth children  and I've had to apply to sponsor them. All paperwork including medical police clearance etc submitted july.  in order to free up the 5500 pounds for application I sold my house and we are crammed into a friend's tiny terrace . I now have a job to go to perth and a friend has found me a fab rental house so we're moving over on 2nd January.  I have contacted immigration in canberra and consulate in UK and no timeline on adoption  visas at all. Therefore I need to get a tourist visa for kids. we've got a one way ticket but have booked cheap flexible tickets to singapore to either leave to get visas substantiated or to get new visa to get back into Australia.  I have had members on here tell me it's a risky move but with no home anymore feel it's a risk worth taking and intend to be honest and upfront on  why we're entering if questioned. At the end of the day my children are legally mine and therefore have same rights as biological children children who wouldn't be denied entry to live with there citizen parent. 

I applied for the 600 while waiting on my 300 (still waiting on the 300). The 600 was granted within 48 hours of applying.

You need to make sure that if your 390 is approved before your 600, that you withdraw your 600 application immediately as if it is granted after the 309, it supersedes it.

8 hours ago, CEP said:

I applied for the 600 while waiting on my 300 (still waiting on the 300). The 600 was granted within 48 hours of applying.

You need to make sure that if your 390 is approved before your 600, that you withdraw your 600 application immediately as if it is granted after the 309, it supersedes it.

So if you've got an application in for 309 then submit an application for 600 let's say 6 months later, it's just a case of fingers crossed that the 600 is granted first? 

Do the Immi Department give you warning that your 309 is about to be issued? 

I've also read alot that when in Australia on the 600 with an active application for 309, the Immi Department get intouch with you and ask you to leave for up to 5 days to give them time to issue your 309/100. 

Is that what you're hoping for? 

@Waitingaround

1) yes pretty much. Although I for one wouldn’t have been too distraught if the Pmv 300 had been granted before my 600 lol- I would have cancelled the 600 application and taken the hit on the £80 lol.

im constantly hovered over immi website and my emails so would have been able to immediately take  appropriate action if the 300 had been granted first. 

2) I’m not 100% sure if you would get “warning” if you were still offshore but in cases like mine where I’m currently onshore, I know that the applicant is contacted to request that they leave Australia for at least 5 days so that the grant can be issued. The 300 and the 309 are offshore applications and as such, you need to be offshore to allow them to grant it. When you cross back over the border, returning into Australia, your new visa is activated.

when I applied for my 600, I attached a letter from my partner confirming that I would be staying with him and included 3 of his payslips (even though applying through tourist stream).  We included a rough outline of our intentions over the coming months. Within 48 hours there was my 600 😊

• 3 weeks later...

All documents uploaded to partner 309/100 but now it's got me(sponsor) named at the bottom where I can add 100 documents. (Picture 1)

I have already done my sponsor application (29 of 60 documents) linked it to the 309/100 and uploaded relevant docs (Picture 2)

There are no relevant slots on partner application where it names me. Is this saying I have fulfilled the requirement on the sponsor application already or do i add the same stuff again in the "others" space on the parrner application?

Going crazy thinking it's not right and they'll just skip over me😲20190103_225055.thumb.jpg.cf61b0cfbdd7737d1f894c133386cc3d.jpg

20190103_225224.jpg

Edited by Waitingaround