Employer Sponsor

Alan DJ Hardy

Hi 

I Have spent some time looking at Visas and though I have been  Sales Manager for 18 years it isn't that clear on the lists if I would be accepted for an Employer Sponsor. I am waiting on an agent getting back to me and I have spoken to a great guy in recruitment over there. As I am looking at moving to Grafton he seems to think it may be easier. If I was to have an employer want to sponsor me can someone explain the process please and normal time line? 

Regards

Sales and marketing manager is assessed by AIM. This is the criteria. 

Senior Functional Manager – this category covers the following positions:

• Sales and Marketing Manager [131112]
  • Advertising Manager [131113]
  • Public Relations Manager [131114]
  • Human Resource Manager [132311]
  • Engineering Manager [133211]
  • Supply and Distribution Manager [133611]
  • Procurement Manager [133612]

To be assessed as Senior Functional Manager for migration purposes, an applicant must:

• Have a proven record in a senior functional management position over a continuous period of at least three (3) years, requiring the delegation of authority directly to three or more subordinate managers each of whom hold positions requiring the delegation of work to three or more subordinates in managerial or supervisory positions;
  • Hold the most senior management position within the applicant’s functional area of responsibility within the organisation;
  • Report directly to the Owner of the business, Corporate General Manager, Chief Executive Officer or Managing Director; or report directly to the Department Head if the applicant works within the public sector: or provide consultancy advice as a Senior Management Consultant to client organisations at the level of Corporate General Manager or above;
  • Have the decision making responsibility, through delegation to three or more subordinate managers, for a range of specific responsibilities in the applicant’s functional area;
  • Be wholly responsible for achieving his/her functional responsibilities within the organisation;
  • Have had a proven and successful experience in a broad range of managerial responsibilities prior to being appointed to the top functional position.

So you would need to be in a senior position in a large organisation to meet this I think. This occupation is open to 190 and 489 state sponsored visas and some employer ones. 

Tbh I would look to see if you could fit into other occupations on the ANZCO list if you don’t meet the above. 

Anyway you said you have an agent so discuss strategy with them, but you will get more from the agent if you are well informed. 

No one can give you more advice without knowing more about your circumstances and age, qualifications, experience etc. that is what an agent will do. 

Hey! Thanks. 

I have spoken to an agent today and he seems to think as long as I get sponsorship from an employee in my current field I can apply for a 482 visa. This will be for 2 or 4 years of which I can then apply for a PR after 3 years. ( this is what I have been told ). Obviously a PR visa isn’t guaranteed but I can but only try. Does that sound right? 

Thanks Alan

5 hours ago, Alan DJ Hardy said:

Hey! Thanks. 

I have spoken to an agent today and he seems to think as long as I get sponsorship from an employee in my current field I can apply for a 482 visa. This will be for 2 or 4 years of which I can then apply for a PR after 3 years. ( this is what I have been told ). Obviously a PR visa isn’t guaranteed but I can but only try. Does that sound right? 

Thanks Alan

It would need to be in a different occupation than what you have stated in your first post, as Sales Manager would normally come under the occupation of Sales and Marketing Manager, which is on the Short Term List.

As such it is only eligible for a 2 year 482 and not eligible for Permanent Residency through the 186 visa.

• 2 weeks later...