Is self-employed counts as work experiences?

MattMax

Hi guys,

Kinda New to this forum.

Anyway, I'm about to start my own business as an independent Civil Engineering Draft Person. So I'm wondering if I can get work experiences from this to apply in 189 or 489?

FYI, I graduated and this skill is in SOL list.

Thanks in Advance

7 hours ago, Karstedt said:

VERY detailed... and make sure you can show it is full-time... e.g. 33 hours per week for year will likely be counted as 0.5 yrs xp.... and possibly rounded down to 0 yrs xp.

Thanks for replying. I don't really get it when u said it only counts as 0.5 years.

Also, what if I don't charge them per hour and/or hiring someone to do the works for me?

6 minutes ago, MattMax said:

Thanks for replying. I don't really get it when u said it only counts as 0.5 years.

Also, what if I don't charge them per hour and/or hiring someone to do the works for me?

0.5 years = half year. Basically they will reduce your claimed experience in every possible way, and even falling 4 days short of 1 year means you may not get credit for 1 year of experience.\

Depending on how your company is structured (up to you tp research), you have to find some way to record yourself as working full time. E.g. if you are an LLC you may want to salary yourself as a full time employee.

18 minutes ago, Karstedt said:

0.5 years = half year. Basically they will reduce your claimed experience in every possible way, and even falling 4 days short of 1 year means you may not get credit for 1 year of experience.\

Depending on how your company is structured (up to you tp research), you have to find some way to record yourself as working full time. E.g. if you are an LLC you may want to salary yourself as a full time employee.

I think what I meant was are there any conditions that have been set up by the gov to reduce my experience?

And I'm gonna choose to be a sole trader (only me as the owner), so do you have any more examples on how to record my working hours? Sorry, I'm kinda new to business here. 😞

49 minutes ago, MattMax said:

I think what I meant was are there any conditions that have been set up by the gov to reduce my experience?

And I'm gonna choose to be a sole trader (only me as the owner), so do you have any more examples on how to record my working hours? Sorry, I'm kinda new to business here. 😞

So you are already in Australia?   What visa are you on currently?