moving to oz while waiting child's visa

tab

I know it's only been 3 months since I put in my application to sponsor my 3 adopted British children to get permenant residency however we are all going bonkers. There is no time frame for this type of visa however I know someone on an adoption board who was 4 months so really hoping it's going to be quick. The reality is in under to even fund the move apply for visas  airfares etc I've sold my house very quickly . we own another house which planned to move in but my tenant being awkward and won't move. This has meant we are squashed into a friend's tiny terrace 1 and a half hours from work and schools. it's on a major road and my 8 year old got knocked over by a car. My job as a midwife is beyond stressful with no staff and hours that don't suit a single parent. The children are struggling with all the uncertainty and I feel we just need to get gone and wait for their visas in Australia.   I realise there education won't be free I will home school until residency through. we have loads of support in perth and I have agency work lined up and friends arranging housing. I am an Aussie citizen so no worries for me how easy will it be to get a years holiday visa for the children. Had different advice London consulate said no worries at all but spoke with the Aussie site and he was doubtful I can do this. Any thoughts  ta x

I would suggest you to talk to a registered migration agent regarding this. There are some good ones on this site. I think in cases like this, tourist visa might also be difficult to get. Even if you get one, your children have to go out of the country when the Child Visa is about to be granted to enter on the permanent visa as the visa was applied overseas. 

Ditto. Talk to an agent. Its too important to make a potential mistake, just because of impatience to move. Turning up in WA with three minors who do not have a substantive visa for residency is going to look odd to immigration, that's providing you even manage to secure visitor visas for them.  If you make the wrong decision, you could get turned back at the border and that would create an awful scenario for the kids.  Best to get advice from a professional. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys we do really need to be in Australia early next year for many reasons which are too numerous to go into. I am well aware I would have to leave to get the visa substantiated. It seems there is no black and white answer I will probably have to take a chance and apply for the long stay tourist visa at the end of the year if no movement on the permenant residency visa. Would love to hear from people who have entered on a tourist visa while waiting for a permenant residency vusa

2 hours ago, tab said:

Thanks guys we do really need to be in Australia early next year for many reasons which are too numerous to go into. I am well aware I would have to leave to get the visa substantiated. It seems there is no black and white answer I will probably have to take a chance and apply for the long stay tourist visa at the end of the year if no movement on the permenant residency visa. Would love to hear from people who have entered on a tourist visa while waiting for a permenant residency vusa

In all likelihood there is a very clear, black and white answer but you need to consult someone who actually KNOWS the answer, not amateurs on a forum.

This is the kind of advice you pay a migration agent for.  There are excellent ones on this forum like @wrussell, but they will never give definite advice on the forum, because they need to examine your specific circumstances to make absolutely sure.  I agree with Beffers, you're taking a silly risk if you don't get an agent's advice first.

• Like 1